7 ❁ Possession and manipulation (Solomon POV)

The brothers truly are entertaining.

His lips perked up into a small smile as he sent it. The brothers really were entertaining... They were like children's toys dancing on a stage, creating a little play for onlookers.

When Solomon first heard about the exchange program he didn't think much of it, but when he heard about the second human student.... He was rather intrigued. Intrigued by the fact that Diavolo had chosen a weak and powerless human to fend for themself in the Devildom.

As time progressed, many things he once found important or precious disappeared. Anything that he would find fun or even like would only ever be a short infatuation and eventually bore him. To him, everyone was like mere toys dancing on a stage. Every life was entertaining yet fleeting. Nothing stayed long enough for him to truly grow an attachment. This wasn't much different, it was just the start of a new show like any others. He truly wondered, how many acts would there be? How many acts would it take to bore him? Would he be able to stay till the end or would he get bored and leave? It was a new plot, a new stage, a new lead....

To be honest, the performance exceeded his expectations. The magicless human was not only able to form pacts with some of the Seven Lords of Hell, she also managed to mend their broken bond. Of course, the human hadn't done everything herself. Sometimes, Solomon lent a helping hand in order for the show to continue, but it was still spectacular. He wondered what would this powerless human do next? What exciting thing would she bring? Solomon had thought of all kinds of possibilities but... He never would have guessed the plot twist that was going to unfold.

The protagonist had somehow broken all her pacts with the demons and just... vanished. There wasn't a trace of her that was left behind, it was like she never existed in the first place. They couldn't even find her in the human world. Everything that happened seemed like nothing but a fever dream. No matter how miserable any of the demons felt after her departure, the exchange program still had to go on for the peace of the three realms. That was why they brought a new student... A replacement.

Solomon snapped back to reality when he heard a light knock on the door. He stood up and opened it gently. A flicker of confusion crossed his face before it was quickly replaced with amusement. What were they doing here? He could probably guess though... Their room had most likely been ruined by the brothers' fight 5 minutes ago.

He watched as the human seated themself on the couch before entering the kitchen to inform the angels. The sorcerer had offered to help with dinner but had been quickly and easily rejected.

"Simeon? Luke?" He said as he pushed open the door, "(Y/N) is here."

"Really!?" Luke's eyes lit up with joy like a puppy when he heard the name.

Solomon nodded slightly. When he looked at the little angel's happy face, he couldn't help but wonder why the others couldn't accept the new human student as just an exchange student instead of a replacement like how the angels do... But then again he knew. He knew how the brothers were struggling and it made matters worse when they saw the cheery new human who was so similar yet so different from their own...

Solomon sighed, he really shouldn't get involved more than he already has.

"Simeon, let's make some of their favourite sweets!" Luke exclaimed excitedly.

"Sure... Also-" Just as the angel finished his words a loud crash rang through the air.

"What... was that?"

Even though nobody answered, everyone knew what it was. Glass. It was the sound of the breaking of glass. Something had broken... and it wasn't small.