iv. a year changes you a lot

⋆ 。° ⋆ ━━━━━━━ ⋆ 。° ⋆

October of 1976

Hogwarts, Scotland

⋆     。°    ⋆ ━━━━━━━ ⋆    。°    ⋆

Sirius had to give it to the muggles, they were fucking geniuses sometimes.

          He'd brought his record player James had gifted him years ago down to lunch and was sitting taking requests from students while James counted their earnings the two had made from their under-the-table job. Students would stand around and dance (vastly popular amongst the older students), pulling up first-years to watch them dance around on their toes. Whilst McGonagall would often shut it down, it was not an odd scene for the boys to pull to spite her.

         It was there that, several years ago, Sirius had realized how vastly striking of a figure Eris Achlys truly was, though she was the ruin of a soul. It was the careless power she pertained, so hypnotizing to any who so looked upon her despite her obvious annoyance and unapproachable faces she made. Her mind was a storehouse of cohesive anecdote, a library filled with volumes of great detail.

          He'd watch her get asked a handful of times to dance by several students over the years, all of which she turned down - well, all except one.

          Julius Mulciber was a walking hangover and somehow, someway, he'd been the one, even with his over-hyper nature, to get Eris to dance with him.

         It had been a muggle artist, Elvis Presley if Sirius remembered correctly. McGonagall had slowly begun to rise from her seat at the teacher's table and begin her path toward the party's location to bust this hoe-down. Mulciber had been flailing his legs around madly, something akin to a jig from the 20s as Eris laughed (a rare sight itself).

            The raging laughter of the students around them did not peter out even as the professor approached. He'd even seen Primrose Wilkes go out of her way to prevent the professor from approaching, or at least slow her reign.

            "Off with it, Mr. Black."

            "Minnie," Elvis continued sounding through the player, his famed Can't Stop Falling In Love played. "I saved this dance just for you."

"Detention, Mr. Black."

James let out a wolf whistle.

"You as well, Potter."

That had been two years ago and the first (and last time) Sirius had witnessed Eris publicly have fun (while not intoxicated, he supposed).