viv. a natural born killer

⋆ 。° ⋆ ━━━━━━━ ⋆ 。° ⋆

October of 1976

Hogwarts, Scotland

⋆ 。° ⋆ ━━━━━━━ ⋆ 。° ⋆

          The first time Eris killed in front of Tom Riddle, a claw of greed ripped apart at his chest, swirling with glee (if he were even capable of such emotions). It had been a quick, clean death - a slit to the throat; the body was thrown into the banks of the Bristol Channel. Watching the corpse slowly drift away, blood mixing with the polluted water, he felt a sense of pride whined itself around his dilapidated, demented heart.

           When she had done it for a second time, something ripped apart the girl. And oh, how Tom adored it. By then, she had begun to accept that numbing herself when performing such actions was perhaps the best option, instead of witnessing her soul be torn apart by the ruthless crimes she committed to stay alive. Kill or be killed.

           And she was a natural born killer.

            Now, the world had bred itself a new sort of monster. A monster that grew its collection of bodies, day by day, as a sacrifice for its master.

           The cold tiles of the boys' dormitory had begun to dig into Eris' skin. Prim and her stayed side by side, watching the merpeople swim past the windows, mocking the Slytherins from their glowing green gateway of freedom which they scoured and danced over.

           The shadows fell against the window as they danced whenever she wiggled her fingers, creating creatures to play in the darkness.

           Regulus had questioned Eris about the poison for days after she had shipped herself a cure from Romania - costing no more than a fortune - and only showing Eris disapproval for her extracurricular activities she indulged herself in, clucking like a mother should, "You shouldn't have even seen Bellatrix in the first place! I should have been there - why didn't you find me first?"

           Eris - against her better judgment - had, of course, remarked similarly, "Oh mother dearest, how sorry I am." Earning herself a swift slap to the arm from the youngest Black brother.

           The effects of the poison took days to wear off - whilst Eris never seemed to sleep as it was, the times when her mind would wander to the land of dreams were polluted with nightmares. She found herself hardly able to hold food down, alongside her sleepless nights - the cure for the Gorgon Serpents venom had been a potion that required the user to sanitize their insides from the poison that seeped through their bloodstreams. This meant that Eris, for the past few weeks, had been suffering from an unsettled stomach. But to remove the poison from the bloodstream, she had to craft new blood and replace the polluted liquid within her - doing this was no pretty sight for Eris or Regulus (who seemed to have lost just about the same amount of sleep as Eris as he devoted his every waking moment to helping her). She'd had leeches all over her for two days straight, bleeding her out whilst Regulus performed countless blood-replenishing spells on the girl.