Citrus Endeavor

Goes with Chapter 61 of Fledgling

The Emperor's Dragon
How To Turn Endeavor Into A Lemon

He held up one hand. "I get it. But why does Nezu really want you to take the year?"

His friend gave him a smile that was still, somehow, tinged with sadness. "If, as Mirai believes, All For One's son goes into villainy, then there is going to be quite a lot of talent to face him. Endeavor's prodigy will be enrolled, as will the Yaoyorozu girl, and the Ida's youngest. And Nezu assures me that while the recommendations won't be finalised until closer to enrollment, there are several other very strong contenders. Which obviously completely disregards the regular students who will apply."

Tsukauchi couldn't help the laugh he gave at his friend's explanation.

"What is it?" All Might demanded.

It really wasn't a worthy thought but it was still funny. "What is Endeavor's goal for his son?" he asked. The Number Two hero had never hidden his ambition.

"To have him surpass me," Toshinori told him. It was a tribute to his friend that Yagi saw nothing wrong with that.

"And what would Endeavor feel if you gave young Todoroki One For All?" Naomasa prompted.

All Might was confused for an instant before understanding dawned on his features. He chuckled, holding the laughter down to avoid coughing. "You're cruel," he accused.

Tsukauchi gave his friend a look that spoke volumes. "Imagine how Endeavor will feel, knowing that his son will surpass you, because he has your quirk too!"

Saying the words made the realisation all the more forceful and he howled with laughter.

That would be... He could just imagine how angry Endeavor would be about that, how cheated the Number Two hero would feel.

"Endeavor would look like a lemon for the rest of his life."

-ted-

Can you imagine what would happen in this situation? Because Endeavor knows what his son's quirk is and there's no way he'd believe a flimsy mutation story.

My discord is on this code: ZX2R5h2cEm You should be able to figure that out.

Loved it? Hated it? Found a spelling mistake? Let me know please!