43. Then Suddenly

Last night, Lyon went to bed early. Now that he knew his mentality could affect his Pokémon even when he didn't rush them to do anything, he began to take good care of his mental health. And the first step was letting his body rest properly.

-BANG!

-Dafuq?

"There goes my beauty sleep. What the heck was that?" Lyon woke up abruptly to a crashing sound. He perked up his ears and tried to catch any sound outside but nothing could be heard. "Properly nothing." If there was something, his Pokémon would call him. He pondered between waking up entirely and resuming sleeping as this was earlier than... "Wait a minute! Where are they?"

Lyon sat up and looked around. He didn't see his Pokémon anywhere. When he built this base, he had made the room very big so they all could sleep together. Usually, when he woke up, the lazy ones of the group would still be snoring. He had already been used to seeing Minccino latching on his arm in the morning. Sometimes its fluffy tail tickled his nose and disturbed his sleep.

Lyon quickly brushed his teeth, washed his face then looked for his Pokémon. He first went to the training ground because he thought that's where the noise came from. But when he arrived, not a soul to be seen.

"Where are they this early in the morning?" – he wondered. Lyon continued his search and walked to the other rooms. Not until he came near the kitchen that he heard some chatting from his Pokémon. "What are they doing?" As his thoughts were drifting away, Lyon stepped into the room. He was surprised that they all gathered around the island. It seemed the loud sound earlier came from them dropping the pot on the ground. It's fortunate that the pot was sturdy so there were no cracks and the soup inside didn't pour out. He also saw they clumsily made other dishes. Watching this scene somehow made him feel like on the edge of crying. There was moisture in his eyes. His chest felt warm as they put the dishes in front of him. Lyon sat on an empty chair and asked:

-What are you guys making?

-Pi.

Togepi cheerily answered. He didn't need a translator to understand what this kid saying was unrelated to his question but... 'For you.' He could feel its emotion towards him. Lyon had to use all his might to hold back tears and put on a big smile as he started to pet this cute white egg in front of him.

Something fluffy climbed on his shoulder and started nudging his cheeks. He didn't have to turn his head to know that was Minccino. Others also surrounded him and talked to him with nervous and expectant looks in their eyes. Riolu acted as their representative and conveyed their thoughts.

-We are grateful to you for always taking care of us, letting us feel the warmth of a family, and giving us a goal to strive for. So we want to do something for you.

Celebi flew forwards and paused next to Riolu. Celebi then handed something to him. Lyon was taken aback so he just took it without any thoughts. Riolu continued:

-Happy Birthday, milord.

The others were also cheering. Lyon stared at them. He had totally forgotten. Living in the forest, away from humanity, made him lose track of time occasionally. If he checked the clock then he would know but such an act didn't really have any meaning. He only mentioned his birthday once a long while ago and didn't think much. But they remembered and counted the days. It's great to know that there were people who congratulated the fact that you existed.

-Thank you.

Lyon choked up but still gave them a big smile. He opened the box in his hands excitedly, wondering what it was. This would be the first time he received a gift since coming to this world. Inside the box laid a familiar pendant made of a platinum chain and a green sapphire. His eyes widened the moment he saw the gift.

One time they accidentally had a battle with Ursaring, he tried to be away from its reach so his Pokémon wouldn't be burdened with the task of protecting him but somehow Ursaring still locked on him and ignored his Pokémon. He was confused about why Ursaring would mark him as the target as he tried to evade its attack. Although he succeeded, just barely, his pendant was hit by Slash and broke into pieces. The green sapphire survived but the chain did not.

He didn't say anything because he was a bit in a state of shock. The pendant was the witness of his origin. It might have some connections to his parents. And although he always told himself to not care about those who wouldn't exist in his life, he still cared. Lyon tried to not let his emotion show on his face. He didn't want to make them worried, and it's not like the pendant couldn't be fixed so he temporarily kept it in the Spatial Ring.

It had never crossed his mind that they could take items out of the ring. Espurr and Kirlia must have secretly cooperated to do so. He didn't even know how they were able to fix the pendant. Probably Zangoose was the one who applied heat with Flamethrower but it was a very meticulous job. How were they able to fix this?

Taking the pendant in his hand, he saw they all gave him an expectant look. He laughed and felt grateful for the first time that he had another chance to begin his new life here.

-I love it! Thanks.

His Pokémon all cheered at his answer. They were clamouring in ecstatic with each other. This scene warmed his heart. He laughed joyously and told them.

-Come on, let's eat or the food will get cold. I'm excited to have a taste.

They gleefully responded before going back to their seat. Lyon could now feel all eyes on him, waiting for a reaction. To be honest, the food didn't look appetizing. Still, it was amazing that this was their first attempt at cooking by themselves. And he didn't mind even if it was poison they were about to feed him. He took a spoon and decided to try the soup first as it looked the most normal, a bit darker but still looked okay.

-Uhm... it's... good!

Lyon was a bit surprised by how it tasted. It was rich but not too strong. He actually quite liked it. Now he felt more confident eating other food. They all tasted good. It must be because they sometimes helped him cook so they at least knew to do the tasting.

-Wow, amazing. This is really good.

They began merrily eating the food after his comments. The laughter echoed in the room. Lyon thought it was wonderful if every day went by like this.

Then suddenly... the next day.

-No, Celebi. No way in h€ll!

The green onion was chirping something but he didn't want to hear.

-No no no no no.

A/N: pls click the external link below or go to paypal.me/hrksite to support. Luv u guys 💖💖💖