Chapter 5

I sat curled up in my bed with tears streaming down my face. Everything I had was gone. The only possessions to my name were the ones I brought with me on this journey.

A gentle tap on the door brought my mind from its murky thoughts. I buried my head between my sheets expecting the person to leave. Instead, I felt someone climb under the covers and arms wrapped around my waist. I felt breathing on my neck, and soon my curiosity got the better of me. I turned my head to see blonde puffy hair and Duff's face resting against the pillow with his eyes closed.

"Slash told me what happened," Duff stated, sympathy lacing his words.

"E...everything I had is gone." I sob. "I don't have a home!"

Duff's arms wrapped tighter around my waist. "You have us."

I let my sobs out, not caring how crap I must've looked. Eventually I fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning still in Duff's arms. My eyes were tired from all the crying. I rolled over and looked at Duff. Boy was he beautiful when he slept. I wriggled my way out of his arms and kissed his cheek before heading downstairs. When I walked into the kitchen, I literally walked into Slash's arms, embracing me in a bear hug.

"How are you feeling Sasha?" Slash murmured into my hair. He must've seen how shit I looked.

"I've been better," I said into his chest.

"We want you to know that you are welcome to live here with us now." We parted and he held my shoulders.

"Yeah we love having you around," Izzy chimes in pulling me into a hug.

"Thank you guys so much." I said genuinely.

"Oh by the way your brothers called wondering how you were. They seemed nice. We said you weren't up yet, but you would call them back." Izzy smiled. "Oh and Axl said they were really great so we invited them to come and stay with us for a bit to cheer you up. They fly tomorrow." I looked over at Axl who was grinning like a loon.

"You're joking! Thank you guys so much! Are you sure you don't have enough testosterone around here though?" I questioned before pulling Axl into a hug.

"That's ok we've got you to balance it out!" Slash grinned.

"Umm where's Steven?" I wondered, looking around for Popcorn.

"Ah he left last night, but he left a message telling you to come visit him and he's very sorry." Izzy looked back at me with sadness in his eyes.

I walked back upstairs and into my room to have a shower. I pulled off my shirt and removed my jeans. I grabbed my towel from the door and started to unclip my bra.

"They do say grief affects us all in different ways," Duff smirked perched up on the bed with his arms behind his head, watching me. I quickly grabbed the towel and tried pathetically to protect my modesty.

"Shit Duff I forgot you were there!" I exclaimed.

"Sure you did sweetie," Duff said sarcastically, keeping his eyes locked on mine. I kicked up a pillow on the floor and threw it at him. He laughed and put the pillow behind his head.

"You going for a shower?" He questioned.

"Yes I am," I return.

"Mind if I join you?" He gave me a flirty wink.

"You wish," I said flicking my hair dramatically and walking into the bathroom. I turned on the shower and waited for the water to warm.

"I do wish," a voice echoed from behind me, making me jump.