Chapter 1

A fast blur ran through the wild jungle, using branches to launch herself further ahead while also making sure not to make any noise unless she wanted to attract any wild animals or worse...

Humans

She almost scoffed out loud at the thought of getting caught, still that's the very last thing she wanted to happen. It's much better if no attention is brought to her.

The mysterious figure soon came to a stop after hours of running. She titled her head as she observed down below where there seems to be a village located.

If she strained her ears long enough then she is able to hear chatter amongst the village people. She listens for any valuable information but to no avail.

Damn gossip.

After a 30 minutes, she sighed quietly as she massaged her forehead.

Ria didn't expect to ever go back to her old village, much less to her old family but unfortunately she doesn't have much of a choice because right now she's on an important mission.

To steal a candle.

The very same candle, that's been giving her family extraordinary abilities that most people could only ever dream of.

She normally wouldn't care about such an object, especially if it was in her family's care. but after she had lost her power for a month, the trust she had for them flew right through the window.

Now she has no choice but to take action. Whether they like it or not.

____________________________________________

In Casita

Mirabel stirs awake from her deep slumber. A blade of sunlight breaks through her window and shines on her face. A groan escaped her mouth as she slowly starts to get up from her bed to wake up the rest of her family members.

She stays still for a couple of minutes before feeling Casita nudge her.

She grumbled as she gently swats at Casita, "I'm up, I'm up." She rolled her eyes and began to quickly get ready for another day.

She sluggishly made her way downstairs, to the kitchen where she knew her mom was making breakfast. She almost immediately woke up completely at the smell of the food.

"Mami, good morning" she grins and hugged her, discreetly grabbing a small bite from the food her mom just made.

"Good morning, Mi vida. I hope you had a good night's rest" Julieta lovingly pressed a small kiss against her forehead.

She nodded as she hastily ate her small bite, already craving for more but she knew she had to wake up the others first.

After a couple of minutes later, she left the kitchen and she ran across the house, banging on everyone's doors to wake them up. Except with Dolores, she just knocked softly.

After everyone waking everybody up, she bolted downstairs to go outside. Her mami said that a little sunlight never hurt anyone, so the Madrigal family occasionally has breakfast outside. Which, even she can't deny, is a nice day and a nice idea.