Chapter 4: The Rainbow Moon

Peacemaker loved his life, of course he did, what is there not to love?

He woke up in the evening to be greeted by the bowl of strawberries he had set out the morning prior, where he could then munch on them until he was fully awake.

Then he would skip out of his room with a cheerfull smile on his face and come face-to-face with gis mother as she read a book.

"Hi there Mummy! How are you this evening?" He asked cheerfully as he sat down in front of her, bouncing lightly on his talons. He couldn't bare to stay still, not now that he was finally up, what a waste of a perfectly good night that would be.

Hope set the scroll down lightly and smiled warmly down at him, "Hello Peacemaker." She said softly, "I feel quite good tonight, what about you?"

"I feel amazing mummy!" He chirped, doing a twirl, picking a strawberry out of the bowl on the counter with his pail and popping it into his mouth.

She walked up to him, chuckling slightly, "Moons Peace, do you ever stay still?"

He shook his head enfusiastically, "Nope! Why would I? If I don'y bounce and skip and laugh then how am I gonna release all this bubbly energy?" He asked, jumping up and seinging over her head, wrapping his tail around one of the rafters and then landing neatly on her back, giving her a soft nuzzle.

Hope laughed brightly as she tipped herself, rolling him off her back so he landed in her talons where she then hugged him, holding him close to her heart.

"Peace, you know that I hate to do this again, but I have to go out to work all night again, I'll see you tonight." She said, letting go of him and stepping away, "Can you sort your own breakfast out?"

He nodded happily, "Yep! I can totally do that." He said, his eyes drifting out of the window and to their strawberry garden.

Hope snapped her talon to draw his attention and then she smiled, "Alright, just promise me you'll have a little meat this time Peacemaker, it isn't good for a growing NightWing to only eat fruit."

He sighed and rolled his, "Fine." He said quietly.

But meat is so tough and gaimy, fruit is tasty and sweet and nice, who in their right mind would eat anything else when you can have fruit? Especually strawberries?
He wondered, as he often did.

Hope sighed and stroked his head lovingly, "I know you prefer fruit Peace, you have the soul of a RainWing, but you'll learn to love meat some day, and it is really good for you." She soothed.

Peacemaker sighed, "I know mummy, sorry, I didn't mean to throw a tantrum." He said repentantly.

Hope just chuckled, "It's alright sweety, and that wasn't a tantrum, you don't really have those anymore. Now I do have to go, have fun and I'll see you in the morning." She gave him a gentle lick on the forehead and then a wave as she left the house and Peacemaker saw her take off.

He did a little spin once she was gone,
That's fine, I guess I'll have my breakfast and then I'll go and see Tamarin.

He thought exitedly as he cut off a small slab of meat from the food on the table and ate it slowly, chewing more than he thought was natural.

I hope mummy doesn't mind when I eventually tell her that I wanna be a botanist.

He sighed softly, he didn't like upsetting his mother and he knew she wanted him to be a polotition or a deligate or something, she always insisted he had a sharp mind and should do something with it, but he had personally never understood why she thought that, he had never thought of himself as especually bright, in fact he had always found himself rather densr in school, not because of his intellegancr, but because he could only bring himself to pay any attention when the subject interested him, which was pretty much just when they were about fruits.