𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨 - [ 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬, 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 ]

Delilah

Delilah

I sat across from the "Golden Trio", as the Daily Prophet would like to call them. The lot of us sat in the Great Hall, it was breakfast time. I watched the group, as I didn't eat breakfast. Today was our first official day of school, we had just received our schedules. Since it was the first day, not too many people were at breakfast.

Ron was too busy stuffing his face with food to even acknowledge my presence.

He's going to throw up if he keeps going at it like that.

Hermione on the other hand, had her nose snuffed in a book, occasionally taking bites of her breakfast.

Hermione and I had a rocky relationship, to say the least.

I wasn't afraid to admit that I was one of the smartest students at Hogwarts, and Hermione always thought she was the smartest student at Hogwarts. Hermione was a brilliant witch no doubt, but I always just seemed to be better.

This bothered Hermione. More than I know she would admit.

We were constantly neck and neck for the highest marks in our year, but I always managed to come first.

The same couldn't be said for my brother, though.

Harry Potter, "the Boy Who Lived", who sat across from me at the Gryffindor table, wasn't exactly the best student. I couldn't blame him, he probably had much better things to than schoolwork. He was the Chosen One after all, how much pressure he must have felt with that title.

I guess that's one good thing about not being famous.

Hermione's voice pulls me away from my thoughts.

"Have you heard about the new student? Mattheo Riddle?"

"Mione, the whole school's heard about Riddle." I said, the words coming out slightly more rude and exhausted than I had planned.

"Well, whatever the hell he's here for let's hope he leaves as soon as possible." Ron interjects, the words coming out muffled because of the breakfast sausage in his mouth.

Merlin, eat with your mouth closed.

"We all know why he's here. He's here for Harry." Hermione responds, the statement sounding bitter, sort of matter-of-fact.

My mind drifted to the Riddle boy. How uneasy I felt. I had so many questions, very unlikely they'd be answered, but they weighed heavy on my mind.

I took a good look at the three in front of me. They fit well together, they made sense. They all balanced each other out quite nicely, and they all cared so much for one another. The strong bond the group of them had, they were Harry's true family. They'd been through so much together, they'd saved each other's lives multiple times.