𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 - [ 𝐝𝐨𝐯𝐞 ]

Delilah

Delilah

I was out of breath.

There was no wind out, which meant I had to put more power into flying. Which didn't bother me because I was apparently, incredibly angry.

Riddle tried to read my mind.

How did I know this information?

I went into the restricted section of the library.

Then there, I found this interesting little book about magic in the mind.

How powerful you have to be to do it. How it takes months to learn and even longer to skill.

This magic was classified as, 'fuck up and you go brain dead' which was right next to, 'do it right and you make someone brain dead'.

I moved my wings as hard as they'd go, letting the smell of nature and woods take over my senses.

I'd usually avoid the forest at all costs, for there are things much bigger, with much sharper teeth than I.

But tonight, I wanted to hear the distance howl and growl of creatures unknown. It reminded me of home.

Of Remus.

When we were basically homeless, from people not wanting to hire someone like Lupin, we had a muggle camper.

And every full moon we'd go into the country.

When Regulus and I were younger, we'd be barricaded by Remus in the camper, and Remus would walk miles to transform. Then when the dust settled, he'd find his way back to us in the morning.

I know it sounds unsafe but it was the safest option. There was no one else to watch us when he transformed. And he was always so terrified he'd be near them, and... well, he just couldn't stand the thought of hurting them.

But when I figured out my first year at Hogwarts that I had money stowed away in a big safe, half for my younger brother, half for me, I took a good portion and gave it to Remus, to buy a house.

And when we became animagi, we would help Remus with his transformation, Reg on the ground, running with Remus, and me in the sky, watching out for muggles. And if we did get close to a muggle car, house, or camper I'd fly down and signal to them.

I felt important.

I knew how it sounded. Dysfunctional and unsafe. Yeah well, I was happy. Remus had been more than just a father, he had been a best friend. He had taught me right and wrong. He had been so caring, maybe not stable, but it clearly had no effect on me.

When I started to hear twigs under snap, I decided to turn back. I made my way back to the castle most called home.

Home? Ha, what a joke.