The secret life. chapter 85 the Fear landscape

As i had promised i would return. and sure enough Ashley was still on. she had even texted  showing she replied right after I had left. I read over them.

"wait! k-Katrina! Katrina.... I'm a bit scared..." she had replied.

I read over it and i felt guilty that i had to leave her alone when she was scared. but really I had no choice i had to go. but I promised to return and I did. I was here now so I decided to make up for leaving her by staying with her.

"I know. I'm sorry . he still doing something? or waiting for me?" I ask

sure enough Ashley replies "he's... I don't know. I don't even know where I am"

"Really? what's the room look like if you can see anything?"

"it's not a room though. it's a forest. I don't hear nightshade. it's and oddly fimilar forest though." she replied

             she continues "at least its in the dream reality but OH GOD ITS IN THE DREAM Reality.."

"yeah that is quite something out there. oh blimey he is doing it again. nightshade stop it. im not scared of that."

"what's he doing? and the forest looks like mirkwood forest from the hobbit. i don't know why but it looks exactly l like that"

               "is it night time in the forest?" i ask

"yeah" she answers

"dark forest. hmm yep I know exactly what he is doing"

"I'm in middle earth... what the..."

"yeah dream realities can be various"

        "SOMETHINGS GOT MY LEG! SOMETHINGS GOT MY LEG!"

"oh no"

"AHH! NO IM FALLING i DONT WANT RO DIE!"

i watch concerned but then suddenly i get a realization, parrell realization

I thought , dream reality. fear landscapes... but it was the same the same thing that happened to my parrell Tris in the Divergent book series was happening to me right now. part of nightshades puzzle. showing me all my fears before i entered the fear landscape. i kept thinking astonished that that was what was happening.

           I explained the realization i had to Ashley and got ready to get to bed. she got to meet the hobbits and them and then she found herself back with nightshade again  

"you've finally woken up!" Night shade says.

I was going to explain the rest of the way but not with Night shade there so I decided against doing it.

"oh hello night shade" I say sarcastically

"so what happened? what did you do to her night shade?" I ask

         he answers suspiously "oh, just testing outa little something before the bigger experiment"

"oh goodie.. well I've got to go again" i say hearing my parents summoning me again. "bye"

             when i got back i saw bunch of messages that concerned me. i read over them one by one carefully

"do come back before the experiment starts" nightshade had said

about an hour later its identified as was his second message "I've started prepping. I hope you are back before I begin."

15 minutes after another one "oh please do come soon and join us. the fun is about to start. ~grinning~" Nightshade taunts

      The next one was Ashley which made my heart drop "Katrina! Katrina please tell me you are on!"

and lastly was Night shade again "it's time for the experiment my friend. too bad you aren't here"

             I finished reading the missed messages and I felt guilty and sad for not being there for Ashley when this all began. she was scared and i wasn't there for her... all because my parents called me and kept me until I went to bed.

I had missed being able to be with Ashley when this terrible thing was happening to her. the disadvantage of trying to mix a secret life with a normal one. I felt deep remorse. I could of helped. even if it was just being there to comfort her.

but on the other hand I didn't know that I wanted to be there during that time. to see my friend getting hurt and me being helpless to stop it. most likely one other of my fears he wanted to have me witness. it was probably better I hadn't been there but it didn't shake she guilty feeling I had.

 I had hoped Nightshade didn't hurt her too much. and when i had a long moment to think i replied to the missed messages hoping that somehow they would still be on but sadly they were not and I had to go to bed with that feeling. I said a prayer for Ashley and I drifted off to sleep hoping Ashley would forgive me for not being there when she was scared.

  because I never wanted to leave her when they needed me. But i would always return. because i promised it and i was the Doctors daughter.

       I will always return.