Some mysteries are better left unsolved- chapter 4

Y/n admires Vi from a distance, she's in the middle of her every day boxing match. Vi's punches are fast and swift, her score climbs more and more, always beating her last score.

"Why did we bother with this dumb?" Mylo asks, he's reloading a toy gun while Powder runs the wires.

"Vander told us to lay low. And enforcers don't come down here, so this is the best we got." Y/n replies, she watches as Vi gets in finally hit beating number one, again.

"Y/n's right," Vi jumps down from the platform "this is the best we got." She smiles.

"What's the matter Mylo? Scared Powders going to beat you again?" Claggor teases.

"Hey! If she didn't keep fixin' these things I wouldn't keep losing!"

Powder finally shows herself from under the shooting range, her smile with confidence as she plugs in the finally cord. And like always, Powder beats Mylo for the 100th time.

Vi goes to stand next to Y/n who is now playing an arcade game there. "You guys know I wouldn't take you on a job you can't handle, right?"

"Vi don't think about it like that," Y/n says, her eyes never leaving the screen, "we learned a lot from that job, not everything is going to go our way every time. Besides everyone's alive. You did no wrong." Y/n nudges Vi.

"Thank you." Vi chuckles

"No problem." Y/n smiles.

"Hey guys," Powder walks towards the window, "you should see thi—" Suddenly, Powder gets interrupted by a man flying through the window.

Everyone freezes in shock, glass is all over the room. A enforcer without a mask looks into the room to see all of them.

"Search them." He orders, clearly he's the leader.

"Go ahead assholes, we got nothing." Mylo says, his hands going up.

Y/n gets pat down first, the enforcer getting to handsy with her, "HEY! Watch yourself!" Y/n tries to push him away but that only angers him.

"Don't test me!" The enforcer shoves y/n into the wall.

"Hey! Get the hell off of her!" Vi yells but is quickly stopped by a shotgun to the face.

Everyone is calm except Powder, she clutches her pouch on her side. She worriedly looks at Vi and Y/n, then it clicks for the both of them.

The crystals.

Vi looks at Claggor who is near the switch, she nods once and he understands. Quickly, he shuts the lights off.

Y/n knees the enforcer holding her in the balls, he falls forward with a groan and all hell breaks loose. She weaves around the other enforcers trying to grab her.

"C'mon let's GO!" Vi yells, she grabs Powder by the hand.

The group run out the back door with the cover of darkness only to be met with more enforcers outside, they turn the corner and it's a dead end.

"Up here!" A young voice yelled above them.

"Little man!?" Y/n smiles. Quickly he drops the ladder leading to the roof, one by one they all make it to the roof. Vi kicks the ladder over to edge so the enforcers can't get up.

"You need to hide those crystals." Vi holds Powders head, messing her hair up a bit.

"Yeah, no shit." Powder laughs.

•••

"We should hit them back!" A woman's yells watching through the bar, "We have the power!" It was Sevika.

The group of kids stand by the basement hall, watching the argument unfold in front of them. The entire lanes were split. Fight or Surrender.

People cheered Sevika on, agreeing with her even. Vander takes a long drag of his pipe before speaking. "You sure you want to do that. We corpses that bridge before, remember how that ended?"

"You're only protecting your kids!" A man yells from the crowd. People cheer on agreeing.

"He's right," Y/n whispers to Vi "Vander only protecting us." Vi doesn't say a word, she gently squeezes her hand, reassuring her.

"The Vander I knew wouldn't let them walk all over him," Sevika spoke with venom. "He wouldn't be pushes around or afraid to fight."

Vander glared at her, he makes his way to Sevika face. "Do I look afraid?"

"No." She answers, "you look weak." Sevika whistles sharply as people follow her out the last drop.

"Why isn't he doing anything?" Claggor sighs.

"We kicked the enforcers but with just the 5 of us, imagine what the whole lanes can do!" Powder whispers.

"Wow. Even Powder wants to fight." Y/n pats her head with a smile, a little proud even.

"Come on, we still have to lay low." Vi says, everyone starts to follow her down the steps beside Ekko. Something on his face didn't sit right with Y/n or Vi.

"Ekko. Do you know something?" Y/n asks, leans down a bit to make eye contact with him but he couldn't keep it.

"Spill it Ekko." Vi orders, Y/n holds out her arm so Vi won't step closer to him.

"Okay— so...uh— Vanders got a deal with the enforcers." Ekko closes his eyes, he knew he shouldn't have said anything.

Y/ns and Vi's eyes go wide, "What deal?" They both ask.