Chapter 46: YOU DID WHAT TO GROUND BETA?!

Tw: N/A
Word count: 1,435

Akari POV:
When we got back school was already over so we were sent to the dorms right away. Everyone is tremendously tired and also have a lot of nervous energy. We ended up just hanging around the common room after changing and doing missing homework. Mina suggested a movie and while that was on out the corner of my eye I could see Bakugo "subtly" talk to Midoriya. I texted Aizawa sensei about the encounter and he texted back that he'll keep an eye out.

I felt something off and knew that something is about to go down. Aizawa entered the dorm and soon everyone went to their dorm room. I didn't want to but one look from Aizawa I couldn't just not comply. The glare seemed like how the others handlers are at me when I mess up. They don't have an affect on me. My handler on the other hand does. She has power over me due to her being my guardian meaning she can do whatever she wants.

I sighed closing my door behind me. I looked forward to see the semi dark room. I walked towards the balcony window and opened the curtains letting the stars shine through. I sat down in my desk chair and started to work on office work that Ma'am's been emailing me about. I don't get why I have to do it but hey it gets the last of my energy out.

I was in the middle of figuring out this case when I noticed out the corner of my eye a bright flash. I ran to the balcony looking over to see flashes of red and green. Yup they're fighting. I went back into my room, grabbed my slippers and phone texting Aizawa for help with this. Then jumped out the balcony. I widened my wings flying over to the training area more specifically Ground Beta. The first training exercise with All Might. Wait- I swooped down going behind a building seeing if I need to do anything when Aizawa texted that All Might will deal with it that I should go back to the dorms. I sighed looking the two over as they talked,

"You got your power from All Might didn't you?" I froze. I knew he was going to figure it out. Those two well they aren't exactly subtle. I opened my wings and started to go back to the dorms. All Might can deal with this. I'm too tired for this anyways. I landed on my balcony to see Aizawa there. When I landed I greeted him,

"Erasurehead do you think-"

"Not tonight Sorahiko they have to figure it out. Go to bed." I nodded and he went on to go do his rounds around the dorms. He was clearly to tired for this. I sighed and laid down on my bed to think. I didn't know what else to do. I wanted to help but reasoning behind it, and why is just there.

I grumbled and sat up. I got off my bed and decided that if someone is going somewhere I'm going to track them. If they're in danger I'm going to help them not matter what. I sent out 20 of the smallest feathers I have. I can regrow these again if needed. I poked holes into them to make necklaces. I grabbed some string from a sewing kit ma'am had given me. After all since I am on my own again I need to take care of myself so therefore I need the necessities.

After making the feather necklaces I felt satisfied with my work. When I looked at the clock in front of me I sighed at it.

11:37 P.M.

   I got up and started putting things away then headed straight to bed. I knew right away that I probably will regret not sleeping but I'll just stay in the sun a bit longer so it'll be fine.

In the morning....

I woken up to the sound of crashing around. I got up immediately poking my head through the door. I looked and sighed finding that the sound came from down stairs. I muttered curses- Rumi is being a bad influence I swear. I looked back to see the sun wasn't even rising yet. I grumbled as I got myself ready for the day.

I did my morning stretches, a mini warm up, got to the shower changed and when I was in the middle of doing my hair I noticed Mina stumbling into the girls room. I used my wing to support the girl. She's really not a morning person. I gave her a soft smile ushering her to the sink so that she can wash her face to wake up.

I let the girl do her business as I went into the kitchen and started breakfast. If I'm being honest I was just following my normal routine just at a different place. I was singing softly as I made eggs for everyone. I heard someone come in so I started setting plates. I placed eggs in all of them as well as grabbing an apple for dark shadow and a carrot for Koda's bunny. I looked at the table proudly and grabbed myself a banana. I kept in mind that my diet plan shouldn't be effected even with a light breakfast. I kept humming the a song from the musical The Lightning Thief.

"Theseaus Odysseus Orpheus Perseus they're
all the same. Men"

I had the song stuck in my head since Kaito kept playing the musical.

"Their names are international
They were reckless and irrational
... Will somebody notice my name~"

I kept thinking about how Annabeth despite whatever she went threw she still kept her head high and how she just wants to be remembered.

"I've always been a smart girl
Always got the grade, always got the gold star
I've always been a smart girl
But smart girl only gets a girl so far
You win at every single game
You want a quest they tell you tough
If you don't go you'll never know if you'll ever be good enough~"

I reminded myself to be the way the commission wants other wise... I don't like to think about those consequences.

"My grand plan
Is that I will be remembered~
My grand plan
Just you wait and see!
You better wise up, cause I'll rise up
Bring in any challenge
And someday soon someone will notice me!"

I wondered before about my purpose how will I be remembered. Thinking of it now I just wanna know how far I'll rise before I fall back down.

"And your stepmom treats you like some freak~
And your dad doesn't give you the time of day...
And your mom won't trust you with a quest
So the best you could do was run away!~"
......

I thought about how ma'am's treatment was to me and Haru. How dad betrayed both of us throwing us away like he doesn't care. How we suffered for years on end and all we could do is comply. I felt bitter angered and yet so trapped. I sang out softly like a whisper,

"Run away~
But I have a plan
And I will be remembered
I will be brave."

For Haru's sake I am going to do whatever it is so he doesn't have to suffer anymore. Not on my watch.

"Just wait and see
You better wise up cause I'll rise up
Bring on any challenge."

I can do it. I can succeed this mission like no other.

"And someday soon I swear.
I don't know how or when.
But I promise you I'll never be invisible again~
Someone will notice-"

My eyes widened as I stared at the class who were all coming to find the smell.

"Me.... Hi? What's up? I made breakfast come and eat." I moved to the kitchen area and finished cleaning dishes. Muttering under my breath,

"Theseus, Odysseus, Orpheus, Perseus..."

"Akari"

I turned to see Mina standing there with wide gleaming eyes. Before I could react she started blabbing on about me being the perfect Angel I am. How cool it was for me knowing Greek mythology. Personally I don't mind these comments. Learning about Greek myths always interested me. I noticed the time and gathered everyone to go to class. Well almost everyone some left earlier after breakfast.

While others (Midoriya & Bakugo) were left behind to stay on house arrest. Oh well to be honest if they could keep their act together they would've been fine. For now I'll settle into the background... Sorta.

————————————————————————

Song: My Grand Plan (Lightning Thief Musical)
Created by: Rob Ricki
Sang by: Kristen Stokes