Oneshot Bonus: Colors Nightmare!

Prompt: Akari forgets that there's this thing called boundaries. Haru helps her with it.

Authors Note: SORRY THAT THIS IS LATE I HAD A POWER OUTAGE LAST NIGHT DUE TO A STORM! Enjoy this btw.

Akari's POV:

   Red was my safe color I suppose, or at least that's what I'm told. I'm more comfortable with warm colors than cool colors. Weird isn't it. For me red reminds me of my brother Haru. His wings are usually more red than yellow. I like the color orange and yellow due to the sunshine and the color of Haru's eyes. It helps me calm down on certain days. My hero suit is even red and yellow matching with Haru. I like matching with Haru.

   Blue or more of turquoise to me isn't safe.
I guess it had to start with how he died. His powerful blue flames taking over him. How his turquoise eyes begged me to help. How my quirk didn't even work... That I was basically useless during the whole thing...

   Sea-green reminds me of Kaito's eyes. There's days when I look at him and get reminded that I basically abandoned him. That I left my best friend. My very first friend alone cause of the commission. How there's days when I look at him that I worry about the what ifs.

   Sadly ocean blue also reminded me of ma'am. How she'd dunk me into water berating me. Yelling at me for something I did or I took the blame for. How her dark eyes glare at me as she scolded me for not being better. For something I didn't do...

   Purple reminds me of the bruises and the injuries many get... Reminds me how bad hero work is at times. How life can be so cruel that it leaves a mark where if you don't hide it well... People will question. If I don't hide my bruises well enough I don't know how my classmates will think. I don't like the color purple, or turquoise, or black.

   I don't like black cause it reminds me of things I rather forget. How useless I was being held prisoner by someone I thought to be like an older brother figure. I liked his white hair before it was black. I hated his eyes. It showed so much hate, guilt, fury, and regret that I had to look away. I hate the dark, terrified of not being able see Haru.

   I don't like certain colors. I don't like the constant reminders of my failures.

   My dorm has warm colors. I like it that way and I want to keep it that way. My bed sheets were white with a red throw blanket. My desk chair was red along with the case for my violin. I like it this way. I find it comforting. That's just how it was.

   Red reminds me about the rising and setting of the sun showing it's different hues across the sky. I like red. It's my favorite color is all I know of and that's how it will be. I find the color red to be safe. Meaning that Haru is safe too.

   Much better than those commission workers. They don't really care about me. They care about my progress and my status. They like how easy it is for them to do as they pleased to the older unit 5 because of me.

   To me as long as I have red I'll be safe.

   ...

   I got put into a turquoise gown made by Mina. I don't know why but I felt a bit sick to my stomach. She wanted me to help model the dress as she finished the last bit of it. I really don't like turquoise at all. It's a big no-no color but I can't say no to Mina... Right?

   I mean I'm not that uncomfortable with the dress. Just the color. Maybe I can ignore the reminders of Touya flashing through my mind. The memory of his face begging me to help. Maybe I can ignore the desperation from Kaito from when we were 11. How sad his eyes reflected onto me as he kissed me before leaving.

   I felt a shiver go up my spine as I got reminded all of that. I hate it when that happens.

   "You failed Phoenix now look at them." My mind quipped. I felt my throat start to close up again. No- no no no not again. Why now?