.10- boyfriend

!!TW MENTIONS ABUSE!!
please read at your own risk!

"We're here!" The limo driver called into the backseat where the 7 of us sat.

"Thank you guys for letting me join you so last minute." Gracie said, as we all stepped out of the car.

"Of course! We're so glad you got to come with us." Nick told her.

I grabbed Matt's hand and we walked into the school.

"Come on! They're playing my favorite song!" I dragged Matt into the gym.

They were playing The Night We Met, our song. Matt wrapped his arms around my waist and my arms found the back of his neck. We swayed to the beat soaking in the moment of dancing together.

"Do you want something to drink?" He asked once the song ended.

"Sure."

"Ok I'll be right back." He said, kissing my cheek and walking away.

I made my way to the outskirts of the dance floor. I stood watching my sister and Grace dance, and Chris and Jayde dancing. We were so happy. I looked over the floor searching for Nick and he was dancing with a boy in our grade, Eli.

"Pretty girls like you shouldn't be left alone." I heard a voice say.

I turned around thinking it was Matt but to my surprise it was Hudson,

"Hudson what do you want?"

"A dance."

"Sorry, I'm busy all night." I shrugged. I turned on my heel and began to walk away until he grabbed my wrist.

"Hudson, let go of me." I demanded.
"I just want to dance baby."

"I said no Hud!" I said starting to get angry.

"Why can't we dance? Like we used to." He was clearly drunk.

"Get off of me Hudson."

"Just one dance Iz." There it was. The name he always called me when he had done something wrong.

"Hud you're drunk." I said, making eye contact with him.

"Izzy, I just want to dance with you."

I sighed, "I'm calling you an uber. You could get in trouble if someone sees you like this."

"Can we dance first?"

"Hud, no. Matt should be coming back soon and—"

"Ugh why is it always Matt?!" He yelled.

"I'm sorry?"

"You always talk about Matt, Why won't you talk about me like that?"

"Because Matt's my boyfriend! Not you."

"Oh cut the bullshit Iz. I was a better boyfriend than him and we both know it."

I just stood there dumbfounded.

"Now come on babe let's get out of here." He snapped, grabbing my wrist and dragging me out of the gym.

"Let go of me asshole!" I screamed.

"Iz knock it off! You're embarrassing me."

"Let go of me Hudson!" I cried.

He finally stopped walking out of the gym and dragged me to one of the classrooms nearby.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" He said, throwing me onto the floor.

"What's wrong with me? What's fucking wrong with you? Hudson I broke up with you a month ago! Am I not allowed to move on?! Can I not be happy!?" I yelled at him.

He walked over to me and yanked me off of the floor. "Don't talk to me like that." He said, wrapping his hand around my neck.

"Hud I can't breathe." I said. The words barely made it out of my mouth. I tried to scream but the air in my lungs was running out.

"Nothing to say now? Pathetic." He said, tightening his grip on my neck.

There was no point in trying to fight him.

Just when I was about to give up, Chris, Matt, and Nick ran into the room.

"Let go of her asshole!" Chris yelled, punching Hudson across the face causing him to drop me.

Matt ran to my side and held me as I cried. "It's ok baby. I'm here now."

Chris and Nick threw punches at Hudson until an administrator came into the room and they told them what Hudson did.

Hudson ended up getting a 4 week suspension from school.

"Bella, are you okay?" Chris said, joining Matt and I on the floor.

All I could do was nod my head. Chris grabbed my free hand while Matt held the other. Nick had gone to go find my sister and Jayde.

"Bella!" Addie said crying and running to me.

I cried into her shoulder.

"Are you going to be okay? Do you want to leave?" Addie asked me.

"I'll be fine. But can we please leave. I want this night to be over." I let tears stream down my face.

Fuck the Prom