4.0

April 9th, 2022Santo Domingo, DR10:13am—————————————————————————

April 9th, 2022
Santo Domingo, DR
10:13am
—————————————————————————

It has been a full week since the four of them all arrived at the beautiful home, fit four two families.

At the current moment, Daelynn was occupying one of the comfy cushioned chairs out on the personal balcony of her bedroom. Sitting still in the calming setting surrounding her, she had never seen such a sight before in real time. You could say she is still kind of in awe at everything, the island, the view and the house was much more than she could've ever imagined.

Daelynn was genuinely grateful to be experiencing this right now. In addition to those factors, the weather out here was amazing. Sun shining, barely ever any clouds to cover the clear blue sky, it hasn't rained yet once and every so often you could catch a nice warm breeze.

Which was another plus in her book, considering that she hated wearing too many clothes at once. Lynn hadn't worn a pair of slides, sneakers or sandals since arriving and was completely content with it.

Her eye lids squint a bit, as she pulled from the Raw paper pre-rolled. Letting the familiar earthy taste of burning herbs tingle her tastebuds, smoke filled the inside of her jaws. In which she pulled the blunt down to puff out her cheeks, inhaling all of the smoke at once and holding it for a good 10 - 15 seconds.

Exhaling it out into the air, just as a slight breeze blew past her.

Being here in the Dominican Republic gave her time to sit and think about her life, more than usual actually. Back home in BR, her schedule mostly consisted of studying eight hours a day doing hybrid classes. Majoring in Behavioral Health and Psychology, Daelynn was intrigued with the human mind and humanities perspective of experiencing life.

While mostly every night she spent working for Stone, it was nothing too crazy but it definitely kept her busy throughout the week. Which she preferred, rather than having more than an ounce of free time on a daily basis.

You see, Daelynn had her own deeply rooted traumas that she tried best at suppressing. As most of us do, things like work and school kept her mind from pondering on about the horrific past in which she came.

Her childhood was far from perfect, yet those on the outside looking in would think it was very close to it. She hated the stigma that just because you're a beautiful person in appearance things were easier for you. Life wasn't as harsh and the world somehow treated you a little better than most, that things were handed to you because your beauty seemed well deserving of that.

When in reality all those thoughts and opinions were so wrong, if anything people made shit harder for you because of those exact aspects. Life wasn't easy for any child or teen growing up in lower middle-class or complete poverty.