Chapter One

I'm not sure how long I've been wandering around. There's no real way for me to tell. Time just seemed to blend together after the second day. My memory never returned, so I could have been out here for way longer. But besides that, I haven't had much trouble, the only thing I find myself needing is water. Food just doesn't sit right with me, I'm not sure why. But it makes things much easier for me, I only have to focus on finding one thing.

Zombies try to attack me, almost any time I step in their direction. It's like they can just feel that I'm walking towards them. So, they attack or well try to. If I don't stop them with the knife I found, then rage mode dose.

Not sure why I chose to call it that. But the name just fit it. It happened only when I wanted it to, and after a bit of practice, I stayed in control instead of just seeing red. The only bad thing I have to say is that it drains all my energy. So, I pushed it back, refusing to use it unless I absolutely needed to.

Another problem I learned was when I met with survivors, there was a pair I met before. The entire time I kept my hood up and used a mask I found, I wasn't sure if there were any strange features that I had. Ones that would push others away, telling them not to trust me.

They acted weird at first but introduced themselves as 'Mo' and 'Yu' claiming it was their real names. I didn't understand why, at the time. I still don't. But what I do know is the name I told them-well it was actually just a letter. But it was the only thing I could think of. I told them I was 'Z', simple. I liked it but my mind kept telling me that it was wrong. I didn't even remember what my name was, so why does my mind keep trying to tell me otherwise?

Mo and Yu didn't stay long though, they offered to let me come along. But I didn't want to risk it, they were nice people. And I didn't want them to think I tricked them, I didn't, I wanted to help, so that's what I did. I promised to go look for them if I decided otherwise. Mo seemed happy about that, it was a good change.

The entire time they stayed at my makeshift base, he seemed sad. I tried asking Yu if he knew why. But his answer wasn't very simple. "Mo's worried about our juniors, we've only heard from them a day before this all happened. And now he wants to find them. It's where we're heading once we're able to leave."

I miss them though, part of me wishes that I went with them. I knew better, right now I just needed to focus on getting to my new base. This side of the city was overrun with zombies. I need to get out of this part. If I stayed there any longer I'm not sure how many bites I could get.

I sighed tugging at the sleeve of my jacket, blood was already sleeping through. The last zombie left a mark before I could kill it, another one that I'd need to wrap before I left. Dropping my bag to the floor, I pulled out two straps of cloth. Pulling up my sleeve I wrapped the first cloth around the top of my arm. Right above the bite mark, then I tied the second around the bite mark as tight as I could tie it. I can't do anything else but it should help for now.

Keeping my knife gripped tightly in one hand. I picked up the back, slinging it over my shoulder. Looking around I found my route. Making sure I was ready I took off running, running towards the edge until I jumped. Landing on the next roof with ease. Turning towards the next closet building I repeated the process. Going from roof to roof throughout the day. And the few times I turned to look back made me realize how far I actually went.

"Guess I should stop here for now." I sighed, sitting down to rest. "Maybe I can find a blanket or something. Could use it as a tent."

My mind snapped looking at the ladder rail on the building across. That meant I would have to use that one every time I left. Might as well make sure it works. If not, then this will be annoying to deal with. But first I needed to drink something.