Idk cats

Ahh finally! Classes are over. You rushed down the hallway to the entrance, grabbing your umbrella you skipped over to the front gate. Looking around, you see your peers walking home with their friends.

'ahh.. it must be nice walking home with friends..'

You walked down the pavement, seeing pretty clothes as you passed shops.

'if only I would look good in those...'

You continued walking, until you heard a 'thump' by the opening beside you. You looked over, to see not much but a random dirty end. "Fuck.." you could hear someone mumble, making you suspicious. So you went closer, seeing a familiar school bag.

You see a figure, sitting down on the dirty floor with a cat on their lap.

"... scaramouche?"

"Huh!?" Scaramouche looked around to see you. "Who are you?" He scoffed, rolling his eyes as he tried to hide the cat. "I never knew you like cats.." you bent down to see the cat clearer. It was an ocicat, it seemed so skinny. "You never answered my question, who are you." He scooted away further from you. "oh I'm just one of your classmates, we go to the same school" you pointed over at his bag.

"Tsk, what do you want."

"Nothing, I just never expected for someone like you to like cats..."

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean!?" He hissed at you, posses at your words.

"I just never expected the so called 'bad boy' of our school to have a soft spot for cats" you shrugged your shoulders. You reached over to touch the cat, only for it to hiss at you.

'huh... They act the same..'

"Is this your cat?" You asked backing away from the cat.

"This thing? No definitely not my cat, why would I keep a dirty thing like this?" He rolled his eyes.

"Purr.." you heard the cat rub on his knee, "but it looks like the cat likes you, you should bring it home" you suggested.

"Pfft- me? Bringing home a cat? You're crazy. I'm out." He stood up and took his bag. You stood up aswell, walking beside him.

"The cats following you" you looked behind you, seeing the cat limping as it tried to follow. Scaramouche trying to be cold hearted person, he didn't look back. "I don't care" he took a peak behind him to see the cat limping.

"Well- if you went take it home, then I will.. they could be a good companion.." you smiled, stopping in your tracks to pick up the cat. The cat allowed you to pick it up.

"Oh she's a girl!" You smiled, letting you hug her as you walked home.

"...give her to me, I'm sure someone like me would take care of her better than someone like you." Scaramouche took the cat away from you. "We can both take care of her! But first, what should we name her?"

"Don't name her something stupid."

"Yeah yeah whatever, hmm.. nini? It seems cute.."

"Sounds stupid, but atleast it isn't something like tabby" he mumbled, finally reaching his condominium complex. "Oh you live here too?"

"Is it not obvious? Yeah I live here." He went inside the elevator, you followed along. "What floor?"

"6th"

You got off the elevator waving goodbye to the cat. "So you decide to wave goodbye to the cat instead of me?" He mumbled, luckily it didn't seem like you noticed.

"I'll see you tomorrow new friend!" You waved goodbye to him aswell as the elevator closed.

The elevator door closed, with scaramouche and Nini inside. 'wait what was their name?'

Short idk