jaemark - moments with you are always special

summary/description:
have they really been that busy with their own things? jaehyun thinks. come to think of it, about what johnny had said regarding time for himself, when was the last time he had woken up late? without his alarm ringing loudly by his ear? when was the last time he had a proper breakfast at home? even more, when was the last time he had a date with his lover?

published: 220408 (on ao3)
written: a day or two before the original publish date (refer to the end note)

-

it seems like no one's inside but if paid attention carefully, through the slightly opened door, you can hear papers brushing against each other-pages getting turned perhaps. you can also hear a faint scribbling-assuming from the previous assumption-pen against papers. other than that would be the air conditioner. maybe even the people inside's breaths if it weren't for the air condition.

that's how still and silent it is inside.

it got broken by johnny who seemed have just gotten off work-judging from his suit with no tie, probably discarded somewhere in his car, and top buttons, unbuttoned.

mark flinched at the sudden loud sound from the door hitting the wall, disturbing the stillness of the room while jaehyun just looks up from the paper he's currently reading.

"JAEEE!~ MY MAN!~ thank-" johnny pauses, noticing the young lad by the seeming living room by his left, "oh mark, heyyy~" he greets as he makes his way towards jaehyun who places down the paper he had previously had his attention on and welcomes his friend with a fond smile-after months of not seeing each other, he surely did miss the older.

"heyyy~" mark replies with a bright smile. it been a while too since mark had seen the new arrival lad. it seemed like the oldest had a haircut considering his current hair is shorter than the last time mark remembers. he still carries the fun and comfortable aura around him, mark smiles at that. it had not been that long but he's glad he's still the same.

"thank god i got here before you left," johhny says as he places the paper bag he's carrying on the unoccupied seat in front of jaehyun, "i visited home last week, mom asked me to give this to you," johnny then turns to mark, "i didn't know you would be here, i left yours at home." he says with a slight apologetic look then taking a glance at the gift before handing it to his friend.

jaehyun receives the paper bag with a smile on his face, brightening up with excitement. he wasn't the closest to johnny's mom but this is so sweet of her, "what is it?"

johnny replies with a shrug, "i don't know, open it."

jaehyun does, untangling the ribbon.

"HEY!" "wahhh~ hyung," mark, who is now beside johnny, says in awe. johnny on the other hand seems to have a different reaction. how come?

it was a knitted sweater.

"tell your mom, thank you~" jaehyun says as he looks at the sweater's details: it was grey with a big bear holding a peach in the center. as he hugs the cloth, the warmth he's currently feeling will be doubled with this sweater. it was soft against his skin.

"i will but," johnny's brows are a little furrowed and a little pout on his lips. what could be concerning him with such expression? the sweater was lovely. did he not get any gift from hsi mother? "i thought i was the only one-i'll call mom later, i thought i was special." he sulks, half jest on the side. the two other giggles at that. the oldest had always been like this, in a way to make the mood light, and having him around them, as their friend, it makes the intimidating room appear like it was not what it was and rather a place they could have a breather than a hasting and hassle atmosphere.