nahyuck - to be loved and to be in love

donghyuck strums his guitar along with the lines: "i have loved you since we were eighteen," this song is so special to him.

this song reminds him of his high school crush.

maybe it wasn't just a simple crush.

the way he remembers how his eye lashes rest on his cheek when the corner of his eyes and lips curls into a loving smile that seemed to be making everything around them slow down.

and knowing he's the cause of it? yes, he was in love. he was in love. he loves him. and it's been seven years since he last saw him but it's still as warm as the summer breeze on how he remembers his warmth against his body.

as if it was just a moment ago.

"long before we both thought the same thing," he closes his eyes and he's there, in front of him, and it appears that his smile has never faded. it's still the same as then. as lovely as ever.

if only he could feel him again, he reaches out his arm and feels his palm against his cheeks. "nana..." he whispers, his lips quivering at the realness of his lover's warmth through his touch.

he's here.

"hyuckie..." this is too real, but better than reality. he still believes they'll see each other again. is this it? "baby, open your eyes." no, if he does, he'll disappear.

he'd rather close his eyes than open it with the reality that this isn't real. that he was not there.

so he does.

he has decided.

"we'll be together again, my love."

"hyung? hyung? HYUNG!? CALL A NURSE. QUICKLY!"

"lee donghyuck-ssi? LEE DONGHYUCK-SSI!??"

"HYUNG, HOLD ON PLEASE."

"to be loved and to be in love."

...

(original plot)

"all I can do is say that these arms were made for holding you," it was almost a whisper. his voice was trembling, he could feel warm liquid sliding down his cheeks. this is too real, he hoped this was real. "please?" he felt his thumb brush his tears off his cheeks, and finally, donghyuck opened his eyes. he couldn't help but cry more.

it was real.

HE was real.

HE was there.

"nana..."

now it's not from memories.

now it's real.

he engulfed him on a tight hug, "you're here, you're real." along with his sweet smile, he replies, "i am" the warmth, he never knew how much he missed it until he had it again.

"please never leave me ever again."

-

end note: yeah. it's short and honestly, i don't know how to make this long. i mean, with the original plot? i remember only having this as a summary and was supposed to be a long one, yet as i've said from the previous chapter, i have forgotten the original plots of my drafts. i don't even remember when i have written this (as of i'm writing this note. i'm probably gonna dig out my phone later.) this was supposed to only be a prompt(? is that the right term?) and i am yet to know how will i come up with the over all story-as far as i can remember but i'm sure of this. the previous story (you're all i want, so much it's hurting - 2jae) was a longer one anyway. despite, i hope i was able to deliver the emotions i desire to be conveyed by this story. i'm gonna edit this, yes. i don't know when but for now, i hope you enjoyed and thank you! 💚~

+ i honestly don't know why i changed the plot when literally written there 🤐

+ as i'm about to publish this, i'm kinda hesitant to do so... but eh i'll just edit it if ever 😅

published: 220502

written: -