C.2

"you can't even do this shit properly! what are you even good at?" the loud shouting caused the guy to flinch. he gripped his lower shirt his lips trembled as he tried to muster up words.

"i— i'm sorry, boss. i'll make sure the guns will be placed accordingly" he lowered his gaze not wanting to have an eye contact with the man. the man, who's supposedly known as his boss was sitting on a black leather chair in his dim-lit office.

he glanced towards the glass window and noticed the sky had turned darker. his eyes went to the antique clock hanging on the wall. it was getting late— he needs to get home.

the man— his boss, rested his back on the chair and took out his cigar that was placed in his coat's pocket and lit it up. he stared the cowering guy who's standing in the middle of the room of his office.

"na jaemin, you know that you need to earn money for your family don't you? so why can't you just do your job flawlessly? i've asked you to join the team because i know you have great aim but you refused" the boss stated and shook his head.

the black-haired jaemin was suffocated by the smoke and he really wanted to get out. "i'm sorry, boss. but i can't bring myself to kill—"

"and yet you work for a killer" the man said and snickered as he stood up to face the glass window. his dark eyes stared down the whole city and the busy streets.

jaemin fiddled with the hem of his shirt and gulped. "i- i had no choice.."

"i'm more impressed that you haven't reported me to any authorities. you know, like the police" he turned around and slowly walked to the front of his desk. "it's because you need the money, poor kid" the man blew out the smoke and some of it hit jaemin on the face.

jaemin tried not to show disgusts towards the man. "or maybe" the boss stared jaemin straight with a dead look.

"you have a secret you don't want anyone to know"

jaemin pulled the hoodie of his jacket to cover his head because it was raining heavily outside. as soon as he stepped out of the building where he works, he looked upwards before a few drops of the rain fell onto his face. he squinted his eyes before stuffing both his hands inside his pocket and started running.

he went near a big mall building and stood where there was shelter. his gaze was everywhere— watching people going in and out from the entrance of the mall, some just got out from work, some were highschool students. he saw a couple with a little girl child going inside, laughing happily.

he sighed and leaned onto the glass wall of the mall staring down onto the concrete pavement. he turned to look sideways and saw his own reflection from the building's glass window. he doesn't look pathetic does he—

he stared into his left eye that was a different colours from his. it has a beautiful cerulean blue orbs. too beautiful that it's captivating him.

soulmate

was the first one to pop in his mind when he first discovered his left eye suddenly turned cerulean. he let out an exhausted sigh. having soulmate does sounds great. but he does believe even if that person has a soulmate— it could change. in some circumstances. however, he doesn't know about these 'circumstances' that much.

he started walking when the rain had signs that it'll stop soon. the phone in his jean's pocket vibrated and he took it out. it was from his bank account. knowing he got the money, he stuffed the phone back.

the long walk was actually killing his feet including the cold weather— he was freezing. he stopped in front of a small old but decent looking house. he turned to glance at the lawn. "the grass are getting longer.. i also forgot to throw the rubbish out" he looked towards the big black plastic bag just outside his house.

"i need to clean the lawn tomorrow" he mumbled to himself before opening the wooden brown door.

"you're home, jaeminnie?" a woman's voice was heard coming from the kitchen. a smile instantly appeared on his lips as he made way towards the tasty smell. "oh dear, you're soaked. were you walking in the rain without an umbrella?"

the kitchen was rather small, but cozy enough for his family. "mom, you shouldn't be cooking. you could've asked me to cook, you're not in good condition" he said.

he ignored the pain coming from his legs and body. the woman smiled warmly and shook her head. "it's been a while since i've last cooked. i want to atleast treat my son his favourite dish after he worked hard—" she coughed a few times her left hand tapping her chest a few times.

jaemin stared her in fear as he quickly pulled a chair for his mother to sit. "mom, you need to rest. i'll handle the dinner" he said in a serious tone.

jaemin was inside his room with a bank book in his hands. he stared at it contemplating something in his mind. he placed the bank book inside the drawer near his bed and lay down. he was tired. his body aches. his head was throbbing.

as much as he wants everything to end, he needs to be there for his mother.

and to make sure the truth doesn't come out.