C.5

when she opened her eyes, it was quite hard adjusting to the light. it might be a dream but it was still blinding, and it hurts. she sat up looking around the place, a place filled with flowers.

she was in the middle of nowhere, with an ocean of dandelions around her. it was quite breezy, the weather was great too. all she could think was having a picnic and yet again, she needs to remind herself— it's a dream.

she let herself lay down again enjoying the peaceful moment. laying in a bed of dandelions, doesn't sound bad. though, she was there by herself at the moment. haewon lifted her right arm up her fingers moving around as she played with the sun rays.

she closed her eyes after humming a few random songs that she knew and decided to just live the moment. getting the peace she actually deserved, away from her job as an assassin. away from the chaos that the world was currently in.

she was by herself.

her mind went to the moment where she had to take the job as an assassin. she didn't like the idea of killing other people, but why does she still took the boss's offer knowing the line of work she will be put in? she too, wondered why.

maybe killing some bad people would make the world a better place. and yet she, herself is a bad person.

however, it wasn't her position to define herself whether she's good or bad. in these world, society does the job.

"hey" the deep but calm voice was heard causing her to open her eyes. she felt a sense of happiness as soon as she recognised the guy's face. he bent his body to have a good look of her face, also covering the sunlight for her.

she quickly sat up smiling widely, ear to ear. she doesn't know why, but whenever she sees him he seems to pull her heartstrings. "it's you!" she breathed out quite surprised.

his side lips tugged upwards and he sat down beside her. "i get to see you again" he mumbled grinning to himself. they were staring at each other, not saying anything.

"you're here" she said breaking the silence, trying to control her excitement. without realising she cupped his cheek and examined his features. he didn't expect her to suddenly touched his face, but somehow he didn't mind.

he brushed the strands of her hair and tuck it behind her ear. she still had the biggest grin on her lips as she messed with his hair. "you seemed excited" he said and let out a deep chuckle.

"oh is it noticeable—" she mumbled to herself. "well, i wasn't actually expecting to see you again" haewon cleared her throat and calmed herself down. she fiddled with the hem of her white shirt. he tilted his head, staring her with his small smile.

"i didn't expect to see you too.. especially when i forgot your face as soon as i woke up" he said almost in a whisper. she turned to look at him. "well i guess it's normal, since it's just a dream" she stated.

he wasn't real.

at least that was what she thought.

haewon quickly stood up and did a few stretches before extending her arm out towards him. he was confused but held onto her as she pulled him upwards. "tag! you're it!" she suddenly said.

"what—" before he could question her she already ran leaving him behind. "hey! wait! that's unfair"

haewon spun around when he was near, trying to avoid him from capturing her. he couldn't control his own speed so when he suddenly stopped he tripped. when he fell down some of the dandelion dusts flew, she was quite stunned when her eyes met with his. the time felt like it was slowing down. she was caught up by the moment.

he's beautiful.

haewon didn't realise he was already running towards her, the next thing she knew both of them were already on the ground. he was on top of her with a big grin. "i caught you!" he exclaimed happily.

she was still processing the moment. and noticed that he was pinning her on the ground. "you really need to focus more, my rose" he fell sideways laying down beside her.

"my rose?" her gaze went towards his side profile. again, mesmerized by him. how can someone be so perfect? and the fact that she felt safe being around him.

"yea, you just reminded me of roses for some reason" he chuckled and let out a sigh of relief. "i really wish i could meet you again. hell, i really want to meet you if you're real" he fell silent listening to her.

"let's meet again when you're dreaming" he told her, his tone of voice seemed quite disappointed.

"ah yes, dream" she reminded herself again. "goodnight for today" his calm voice was soothing. she could feel him brushing her hair with his fingers. haewon closed her eyes

"goodnight for today, mr handsome stranger"