Chapter Thirty Eight

Piper's P.O.V

The worst thing for a lazy person happened.

I had to get a job.

Since I stopped going to school they stopped giving me money for rent.

And Iris seems like she's getting bad again...

I havent seen her come out of her room for a week now. I dont know how she does it. I'd start to go crazy by now.

I put in an application for Hot Topic, and luckily, they called me back. I just need to go in today to fill out some paper work. I asked Iris if she wanted to come since she loves Hot Topic, but she just kinda grumbled and rolled over. I decided I would just get her some band merch.

After I put on my Sleeping With Sirens shirt and grey skinny jeans with my converse, I put my hair in a pony tail and went to Iris' room.

"Reese, I'm leaving now. Are you sure you dont want to come?" I asked her.

"I'm good" She mumbled, and I closed the door and left.

-

I spent at least three hours filling out paper work and getting shown what I was supposed to do. Since when does it take three hours to fill out fucking paper work??

I slammed the front door as I came in, and I still didnt see any sign of Iris getting up.

Okay, I'm getting a little tired of Iris not leaving her room. I understand she's upset, but she's acting like she's going to see them again. If you think about it, four months isnt even that long. Honestly, she's overreacting.

"Reese, you need to get up." I told her as I walked into her room, turning the light on.

"I dont want to." She mumbled and pulled the blanket over her head, "And turn the light off, please."

"No, Iris." I said assertively, "It's not good to stay in bed for so long. You havent eaten in a week."

"That's not true" She frowned, and I put my hands on my hips. I felt like her mom, but I need to do it.

"Really? When was the last time you ate, and what did you eat." She pouted in response, beat. "Exactly. Now come one, I'll make some lunch."

"Piper, I dont want to eat." She said louder, and I frowned at her.

"Iris, you cant be like this again! You need to eat something, anything!" I yelled at her, and she got up. It was kind of surprising.

Her hair was frail across her shoulders and it looked like she lost weight. Her big cheek bones were more prominent and the dark circles under her eyes have gotten really bad.

"Look at you! You look terrible! You're overreacting! You're acting like you're never going to see Ash again!" I yelled louder, and she shrunk. She looked down at her feet and didnt say anything.

"Say something, Iris." I ordered, but she didnt say anything. I sat down on her bed.

"What's up, Reese? I sighed, and she just looked at me. Her hazel eyes looked dead.

"You're acting like no one is here for you..." I looked down at my hands and sighed again. She looked back down at her feet and shrugged. "Im not gonna let you go through this again. We're gonna get something to help you."

She looked at me like she was going to argue, but I stood up. By now I was taller than her, so it wasnt hard to seem more assertive.

"and you will accept the help." I left it at that, and left the room.

-

"Mikey, what was I supposed to do? She wouldnt listen to me!" I put my head in my hands with my elbows on he desk, Micheal on the video chat infront of me.

"You could have been a little more nice, Piper." He said softly.

"She still wouldnt have listened. She started getting loud when I asked her to fucking eat."

"She's just a little sensitive. But I agree you need to ask for help. Like you said she went through this in 7th grade, and she was close to killing herself. she needs help" He said, and I nodded. If Iris killed herself I dont know what I would do. It almost happened once before, what if it actually happened? Just thinking about it made me want to cry.

"I should, since I got the job at Hot Topic, I'm gonna be working almost everyday." I sighed, and he nodded.

"Are you talking to Piper??" I heard Ashton in the background say, and Michael nodded. Since Michael was laying on the bed, Ashton jumped on his back, making Michael make a weird grunting noise.

"Where's Iris?? I havent talked to her in a couple days and Im a little worried." He said, and I sighed.

"We're all worried. She hasent eaten or even gotten out of bed. We just got into a fight."

"I've tried to call her, but she wont pick up her phone..." He frowned, and I did too.

"Well, I dont think she's going to come out anytime soon since I just yelled at her, we should wait a bit. But I'm gonna make some food, I'll talk to you guys later. Love you guys!"

"We love you too!!" They yelled in unison and I hung up the skype call, and went to make a sandwich.

~~~~

Hai Hai :3

See I told you it's gonna get depressing, I think it's gonna get worse xD
But I'm cutting it short because I'm seeing the new scary movie Unfriended xD and I know I need to update more so here you go! I'm almost at the 40th chapter mark! Yay!!
IM SO EXCITED GUIZ I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND *insert monkey emojis here* gosh im so happy xD

~Allie<3