Chapter Fifteen

Ashton's P.O.V

"So, Iris, what was making you so upset earlier?" 

I asked her as we both sat down on the couch. She frowned when I asked her, and she didnt look at me. 

"C'mon, Reese, tell me what was wrong. I'm your boyfriend, right? You can tell me" I lifted her chin so she would look at me, and she sighed, sipping her cup of coffee. 

"I.... I dont want to tell you" She pulled her knees to her chest with her coffee cup in hand, staring at the wall. 

"Why not?" I asked, and I tried to hold her hand, but she quickly got up and went to the coffee maker. She didnt answer me, she just made another cup of coffee. 

"Iris" I followed her into the kitchen, and I could see her tense up. I put my hand on her shoulder, but she pulled away. 

"Stop" She said quietly, sitting in the dining room. 

"Iris you have to talk about it" I reached out for her again, but she smacked my hand away. 

"I dont want to!" She snapped, giving me a stern look. "God damn, I dont want to talk about it!" 

"Reese-"

"Just stop asking about it! Im sick of people asking and talking about it. Can you just... please stop asking? I hate talking about it!" She yelled, then ran upstairs. 

I sighed in frustration and sat down of the couch, running my fingers through my hair. 

What could be so extreme that she wouldnt tell me? It's like she can't trust me. What if she'll never trust me? Oh gosh-

"We're home!" I jumped when I heard Piper, and I looked up and saw Piper holding a couple bags and Michael behind her carrying two cases of soda. 

"Where's Reese?" Piper asked, looking arouns the room. 

"S-she's upstairs" I said, sitting back on the couch, sighing. 

"Is she okay?" Michael asked, setting the soda down in the kitchen. 

"Shit, I dunno... I think she's... annoyed" I frowned, and Piper looked at me confused.

"Why d'you think that?" She asked, and I shook my head. 

"I was asking her about why she got so upset from those girls ealier, but she got upset and went up stairs" I explained, and Piper sighed. 

"I'll talk to her" She said as she put the bags down on the dining room table and went upstairs. 

Piper's P.O.V

"Reese?" I knocked on her door and waited for her to answer. 

"Hmm" She hummed, and I could tell her face was in a pillow because it was muffled. 

"Can Green Bean come in?" I smiled to myself when she chuckled. 

"Yeah, Green Bean" She said clearly, and  I walked in and shut the door behind me. 

"You okay?" I asked her, and she nodded. She sat up against her pillows, and I sat there with her. 

"Ashton said he asked you about middle school, but you went upstairs" I said, and she frowned. 

I don't even have to ask about what happened, and I really dont think it'd be good if I did ask. 

We were in the same classes in seventh grade, so I've seen and heard what happened. Plus, she told me that it all happened that year.