18.

two days left for james and betty's anniversary (they sound like a married couple) (it'll officially be a whole year)

its been some time since i have updated in here so my writing skills are probably rusty

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betty came over last night as i put my fairylights on and turned off the actual lights because, you know, cottage aesthetic.

We sat by the window as she handed me the cassette he gave her when they started dating.

"dude its a playlist. we dont live in the 90s" betty said to me.

"okay okay fine. just share the playlist please we gotta listen to the songs and think of something nice" i said to her.

"what if you give him a flower?" i suggested knowing a full grown man would be torn apart with love if given one. i mean i know James was a typical dude bro guy but still.

"i don't know if he'd like that" she said.

i nodded.

we were both scrolling through it and this seemed like an invasion of his privacy but as i was scrolling i found a JUSTIN BEIBER SONG in the playlist. i looked at betty with my eyes wide open as she did the same. we laughed our asses off.

James basically hated Justin. I think all of us did. well, we had our reasons.

I hated Justin because of what he did to Taylor and Selena, Betty hated Justin because he insulted the weeknd, James and Steve hated Justin because of his music.

it was STAY.

she played loverman by A- Wall

Kill the lights
Oh, baby, close your eyes
The way you're looking at me
You've got me mesmerized
Something I can't escape
Feel like I'm lost in space
You've got that good loving
Girl, if you leave me I might throw my heart away

I was in awe of the mix tape- i mean playlist (i know i can be an unreliable narrator sometimes)

at this point we were just vibing. we didn't care. and as the night passed by we both got real tired. im just really glad we didn't play his metal playlist, its disturbing sometimes.