8: soggy words and sandwhiches

┊┊┊┊ ➶ ❁۪ 。˚ ✧┊┊┊┊

┊┊┊┊ ➶ ❁۪ 。˚ ✧┊┊┊┊

your plan on ignoring albedo the whole school day was going great.

firstly , he didn't show up on your door in the morning , which allowed you to walk by yourself without any awkward situations. second , you took any possible route that didn't contain the blonde in any corner. (you have memorized where albedo is all the time since he always waks you to class)

and now you eat lunch in a complete different classroom. the first years , to be specific.

"oh wow... this is one er... unique and scrumptious lunch you've made bennett-" xingqiu grimly declares while staring at the soggy sandwhich. the cold cut meats are slimy with tomato juice spilling out from the side. a sauce that appears to be mayo was painfully mixed with the watery lettuce and spinach greens.

"- and i thought sourdogh bread was meant to be hard , exactly how'd you make it so soggy ?" he continues to ask.

bennett scratches his messy white hair. "i don't really know. i tried following fischls recipe but i guess cooking isn't for me." his jade-green eyes squint as he picks up the sandwhich. "here goes nothing i guess."

he takes a bite into the lunch meal , the juice (is it juice or bread water mixed with mayo ? who knows) making squishy noises as he chews into its contents. everyone cringes.

"actually... it's not that bad !" the boy claims with a smile of a golden heart. chongyun and xingqiu feel tears brimming their eyes.

you cringe. "i'll make lunch for you next time bennett."

"really ?! that would be awesome ! you're the best third year alive ms.y/n !"

"i'm not that old..."

"oh."

chongyun looks at you with curious brows. "speaking of third years , shouldn't you be with albedo ? i thought you guys were going out." everyone begins to tune it the moment chongyun finished speaking.

you weren't sure if you should tell them exactly what happened between you and albedo. instead , a white lie was appropriate.

"well i just wanted to see how you guys were doing. plus i'm sure albedo would be busy at this moment."

razor cocks his head with eyes darting across the room. "albedo is busy ? but albedo is..." you begin to share his confusion. "yeah ? he should be-"

"actually , my day is pretty free."

fuck.

you could recognize that bland voice and cold hands in an instant. as you slowly turn back , albedos hands massage your shoulders slowly.

"should i not be included in this conversation ? it is about our relationship after all." he mentions. fischl , xingqiu , chongyun , bennett , and razor all share awkward glances at each other.

fischl clears her voice before speaking. "it wasn't exactly anything bad. we were all just curious about madam y/n and her familiar."

"for the last time , don't add old lady terms onto my name !"

albedo quietly chuckles to himself. his hands are still on your shoulder , and everyone is still feeling the awkwardness of the atmosphere. you brace for the worst.

"i came here to borrow your lovely y/n for a moment if that's okay."

"y-yeah we're fine with that."

he signals you to get up and leave the room. you push in your chair , giving your friends one last look before following him outside. albedo slides the door close.

the hallway is empty and quiet. a teacher walked down the corridor but other than that it was practically silent , and you could only here muffled voices in closed doors of classrooms.

"if i may , madam y/n , can i ask why you have been avoiding me throughout the day ? for i beseech you to at least look at me with a smile."

you cringe. "firstly , stop talking like that. and second , i just thought you were uhhh... quick make up a good excuse! ... busy ! yeah i mean come on you're the schools scientist and everything so-"

albedo tugs onto the sleeve of your uniform as he dramatically spits out words with the dryest voice possible. "but my lady , i am overcome with emotions of sorrow and grief. i weep in my own soul to see thine face of beauty , do thy understand , my lady ?"

"kill yourself. 😇"

he stops and puts his hands on his hips with bored blue irises. "am i not allowed to enjoy myself with such unique word choices ? i thought you would be so swooned by the way i talk. i heard from kaeya that all the ladies are head over heels for men who talk in old dialect."

you playfully shove him. "not like that. did you really just drag me out of lunch just do you can say you missed me ?"

"yes. and so i could gain your attention for the day."

"fuck you."

"just saying , we could have last weekend."

"wha-"

┊┊┊┊ ➶ ❁۪ 。˚ ✧┊┊┊┊