Young Love

Jimin wanted to go out, he was bored. He was having some bad days where he felt lost as to what he wanted to do. He had to fill out his college forms for next year and he had not decided yet which way he would go where he would be happy and content. He had that talk with his mother, his father being not in picture, and the whole discussion had confused him. The reality check, the financial aspect and his love for dance and music. Not to mention his non-existent love life because he always wanted an old school romantic love. So he took an unhealthy break from things. He had been eating non stop and had not looked in the mirror for many days.

It was a sunny Sunday afternoon and his mother had invited over a fellow teacher she worked with, a new friend she'd recently made. The teacher friend had come with the sweetest baby Jimin had ever seen! Mina looked like an angel in the white frock she wore which had multiple frills with pink lining. Jimin had immediately jumped on the opportunity to hold the baby and play with her. The women were relieved, and were happily chatting.

"Mom, can I take her outside? It's so sunny and warm." Jimin didn't even stay for a nod, and proceeded to open the front door, because he already knew what his mother would say.

"Stay in the yard only, don't take her on the road."

"Yeah, no worries mom. I'll call Tae here only."

Taehyung was his neighbour and his batchmate at school. They were both 17 and had just started their last year at the city vocational high school. They have been friends since Taehyung moved to their side of the town. Taehyung had been in the school even before then but it was only when he moved there, that they became the friends they were.

Jimin came out and made the baby stand on the thick fence, Mina could barely stand but surprisingly she seemed to be having the time of her life with Jimin. She was giggling at his theatrical voices and was trying to walk on the fence as Jimin held her. Jimin held her for some good time and then got tired as he pulled out a cot and yelled at the next door calling out his friend.

Jimin laid on the cot and relaxed next to the playing baby. It was so cold those days that any sunny day, he just wanted to lay under the sun. He closed his eyes for a few seconds and he could see only orange on his lids, it was that kind of a beautiful day.

Jimin opened his eyes when he heard Taehyung's voice as he came running with a young boy to his yard after some time. Jimin did not know the boy.

"Hey Jimin-ah, who's this baby? Aww, she is sooo cute!" Taehyung pulled her cheeks softly as the baby blabbered something indecipherable.

"She is Mina, isn't she a darling?" Jimin shook her while pulling her on his lap making her giggle all the more, making the other two coo at the sight of them.

"She belongs to mom's friend. A teacher herself."

"She is adorable. And yeah meet Jungkook, he was my neighbour in my last house. He is 14 and has just joined our school. Jungkook-ah, say Hi."

Jimin looked at the boy who smiled with his bunny teeth and Jimin cooed at him. He looked like a lost baby to him, honestly. He pulled out another cot for them as he sat on the previous one holding Mina.

"Oh yeah? That's great! Were you guys studying?" Jimin asked as he looked at the number of books they both were holding.

Jungkook nodded and Taehyung whined as he flung himself on the new cot. "Aargh! I haven't prepared for the surprise test that can happen any day this week and Jungkook here has to do a lot of homework he missed because he was out on a vacation."

"Wow, where did you go, Jungkook?"

"We went to Jeju island, hyung." Jungkook spoke informally like they were already friends, Jimin liked it very much. "It was my grandparents' anniversary."