Chapter One - The Loss and The Lies

June 28th 1979 - Godrics Hollow

As the clock struck nine, he was dead. The love of his life was dead.

If you asked James Potter how he knew this he wouldn't be able to tell you. It was a feeling- a sense of overwhelming dread- of crippling heartache- of complete and utter devastation he had felt suddenly, and he instantly knew the cause: Regulus Black was dead.

Feeling his legs start to buckle, he fell to the floor and with an anguished cry he mourned. He mourned his soulmate. He mourned the fact that he'd never be able to hold him again, to hear him speak or laugh or cry again. He mourned for the fact that their daughter would never meet her other father, for she hadn't even been born yet. That moment he mourned the loss of his other half.

Managing to temporarily pull himself out of his dazed state he reached for his want and thought of Regulus -his Reg-, and said the incantation. Suddenly a blue whispery form materialised in the shape of a stag. "He's gone," he spoke, taking a shaky breath, "Reg is gone Lily." and with that he sent the patronus on its way to deliver the message.

-

Half an hour later the fireplace lit a lime green and out stepped a woman with flaming red hair falling around her distraught face. Looking over at him, she took off her leather jacket and tossed it onto the nearest chair- missing the target entirely. She slowly walked over to the shattered male, and whispered, "James..." letting out a quiet sob and failing to regain her composure she gently brought him into a hug and cried. They both cried. They cried because that night they had lost a man who was important to them, whether it be their lover or their brother in all but blood, he was gone. And he would never return.

October 2nd 1979 - Godrics Hollow

James Potter, wearing a slytherin jumper and grey joggers, sat on the sofa of Potter Cottage's living room sipping a mug of tea, staring at one of his most trusted friends: Lily Evans. The freckled female stared at him, then slowly blinked, as if trying to comprehend something unfathomable, "let me get this straight...you want me to pretend to be your wife... and to pretend to be pregnant for the next nine months...and not tell anyone else?" she asked dubiously. "Well- yes, but we'll tell some people, like Remus and Sirius, but i don't think we should tell them who her other father is. It would be safer for Adhara like this."  Lily furrowed her brows, taking in the information, before sighing and agreeing that this was the best plan to keep Adhara and James safe. "Great!" he smiled, "now all we need is a believable plan and this should be fool proof!"

And thus, the rest of that day was spent planning their fake relationship and Lily's fake pregnancy to perfection.

October 14th 1979 - Order Of The Phoenix Headquarters

After the meeting was over, the messy haired brunette said that he had something to announce. "C'mon James! We get that you're still mad about the last quidditch game but do you really need to start another debate?", that was said by none other than Sirius Orion Black (also known as padfoot, snuffles, and James' personal favourite, Son Of a Bitch). Huffing and cracking a smile -something that had been rare the last few months, much to everyone but Lily's confusion- he replied whining, "Oh shut up pads, i swear this is important!" and after making sure everyone was listening, although quite afraid, announced the news, "Lily and i have been seeing each other for some time now and uh... we're
expecting a baby! Heh..."

As soon as he finished talking he looked over to his ginger friend who was giving him an encouraging thumbs up and a cheerful smile, and then back to the crowd of people, who in contrast to Lily's joyfulness to this situation, all had their jaws on the floor and were either still trying to process the news or spluttering gibberish while swiftly turning their heads from him to Lily and back again in shock.

Finally, the dam of silence broke and questions burst out. "WHAT?" 's and "How long has this been happening?!" 's were being shouted, and then a "NO WAY-" was yelled, so to summarise, it was pure chaos.

A few minutes later, after the commotion calmed down, the fake couple had said they would answer any questions they had. "How long have you two been dating?" Alice Longbottom asked, a childish smile (possibly due to the fact that she was now owed 2 galleons by Marlene), "well...since we left hogwarts," the green eyed woman answered, and James had to admit her acting skills were impressive. Scary, but impressive. "What!? How come you never told us prongs?! I thought we were brothers!", James flinched at the word brothers- it had been hard for him to look at Sirius these past few months because of how similar him and Regulus looked, and hearing him say that automatically made him picture Reg. Chuckling, he played with the ring on his finger "Sorry pads!" giving him a smile, he continued "I just didn't wanna risk messing this up, i was worried if i told you guys then i'd let my worries get the best of me and i'd mess up!" Thankfully Sirius and the rest of his friends had accepted this and they all gave him an understanding nod and a smile.

The next hour or so was spent like this: answering peoples questions and solidifying their place as a real couple in their minds. Finally it had gotten late and people were starting to leave after growing bored of the discussion, allowing Lily and James to apparate back to Potter Cottage.

October 14th 1979 - Godrics Hollow

Kicking her shoes off she faced him and said "Well that went alright," before collapsing on the sofa. "Alright? It went great, They believed everything! And while we're on the topic, since when were you so good at acting?" She laughed and looked at him disbelievingly before reminding him that she managed to convince the entirety of hogwarts she was simply 'waiting for the right person' when in reality she didn't want to tell anyone she, personally, was repulsed by sexual and romantic relationships and never wanted to have one. "Oh, yeah," the bespectacled man flushed, rubbing his neck.

"Well," he sighed, "I think I'm off to bed!"

"Night!"

"Goodnight!"

1115 words- How did u like the chapter? I'm hoping to update at least once a week so keep a look out for that, don't forget to vote and comment :))