Chapter Four - The Old Goats Plans Are Ruined

October 31st 1981 - Godrics Hollow

He sighed. He knew allowing the Potters to be killed was a sacrifice he needed to make, however small the chance of little Adhara surviving the killing curse was, but it was for the greater good, it was a risk he needed to take to secure his position as the messiah of the wizarding world. If he hadn't allowed Voldemort to attack little Adhara he would've never secured his weapon. His key to finally defeating Voldemort in the future and becoming the most celebrated and loved wizard in Britain- no the world.

Glancing at the child he started to get annoyed, she was just staring at her mothers body and crying. This was exactly why he was sending her to live with her aunt, this isn't how the saviour of the wizarding world should act. He sent a message to Hagrid telling him to come pick up the girl and that her parents were dead, and left to get some celebratory lemon drops.

-

Sirius apparated to Potter Cottage instantly as he felt the godfather bond connected to Adhara start warning him she was in danger. When he arrived he saw the door gone, and in the frame his brother, laying on the ground, dead. "James? JAMES!" running over to him he started crying. Not the loud, destroyed kind of crying, but the silent, broken and alone kind. The kind when you can't feel anything. The kind where you can't make any sound. The kind when you know your heart has completely and absolutely shattered. He grabbed his brother's hand and promised that he would honour his memory and take care of bambi.

He slowly got up and walked up the stairs to the nursery, he already knew what he'd see. Collapsed on the floor in front of the cot was Lily, unmoving and ice cold. Sirius knew he couldn't handle stopping to look at her one last time lest he break down. As he reached Addy's cot he heard booming footsteps coming into the room and sniffling.

He reached for his wand and whirled around only to face Hagrid. "Hagrid?" he asked in a raspy voice, "what are you doing here?" The half giant sniffed again, "I'm 'ere to pick up lil' Adhara and drop 'er off with her aunt 'nd uncle, Dumbledore's orders." As soon as the Black heir heard that he flew into a rage, this was his goddaughter and he had the right to take her in. After some fighting Sirius had allowed Hagrid to take her after being reassured this was only temporary. Plus, he still had a traitor to catch.

October 31st 1981 - Privet Drive, Little Whining

A man, who greatly resembles gandalf, dressed in very extravagant clothing appeared on the usually quiet and mundane street, holding what seemed to be a lighter. He clicked it repeatedly and with each click a street lamp turned off. Strolling towards one of the houses the peculiar old man spoke. "Fancy seeing you here, Professor McGonagall." Suddenly the stiff tabby cat transformed into an aged woman in green robes and tightly wound bun under her matching hat. "How did you know it was me?" she asked.
He chuckled, "My dear Professor, I've never seen a cat sit so stiffly."
"You'd be stiff if you'd been sitting on a brick wall all day," said Professor McGonagall.
"All day? When you could have been celebrating? I must have passed a dozen feasts and parties on my way here. I would've thought you too would be joining."
The woman sniffed angrily. "Oh yes, everyone's celebrating, all right," she said impatiently. " "You'd think they'd be a bit more careful, but no- even the Muggles have noticed something's going on. It was on their news." jerking her head back at the Dursleys' dark living-room window to prove her point. "I heard it. Flocks of owls- shooting stars- Well, they're not completely stupid, they were bound to notice something. Shooting stars down in Kent – I'll bet that was Dedalus Diggle, he never had much sense. And me? Celebrating by breaking the statute of secrecy? I ought to think you know me better than that, Albus."

"You can't blame them," the conniving old man said lightly. "we've had precious little to celebrate for eleven years."
"I know that," she irritably replied. "but that's no reason to lose our heads. People are being downright careless! Out on the streets in broad daylight, not even dressed in Muggle clothes, swapping rumours!" She threw a sharp, sideways glance at Dumbledore here, as though hoping he was going to tell her something, but he didn't, so she went on: "A fine thing it would be if, on the very day You-Know-Who seems to have disappeared at last, the Muggles found out about us all...I suppose he really has gone, Dumbledore?"
"It certainly seems so," said Dumbledore. "We have much to be thankful for. Would you care for a lemon drop?"
"A what?" she asked, unbelieving of his current action, "A lemon drop. They're a kind of Muggle sweet I'm rather fond of."
"No, thank you," said Professor McGonagall coldly, as though she didn't think this was the moment for sherbet lemons. "As I say, even if You-Know-Who has gone-"