Chapter 1: It's Showtime

Tonight was the night, The Blue Jays and The Cardinals were both playing at The Page's Concert Hall, though neither band knew about the other. Romeo and his team were in their dressing room, getting ready for their show. Mercutio and Benvolio were playing around, mocking their fans and each other. Romeo was mindlessly scrolling through his phone, frowning slightly.

"Hey, man. What's up with you?" Benvolio asked, glancing at Romeo.

Without looking up from his phone, he responded. "Nothing. Just nervous."

Mercutio looked at Romeo. "You're never like this when you're nervous, try again." Romeo turns away from them, fidgeting with his phone. "You may fool everyone else, but you can't fool us."

"It's just..." Romeo sighs. "There was this girl, Rosaline. She was so beautiful and kind. I don't think I've ever liked a girl more in my life. She was perfect, but she has a boyfriend."

"Dude, you could have any girl you want, like seriously, there are plenty of girls that are in love with you. Why are you so upset over this one?" Mercutio asked.

Benvolio added, "He's right, Ro. If she doesn't like you, then she clearly isn't worth your time. How about, after the show, we go to Friar's Pizzeria and Arcade so we can get your mind off of this Rosaline."

Romeo nods and finishes getting ready for the show. Mercutio grabs his drumsticks and Benvolio grabs his bass, slinging it over his shoulder. Their manager and Romeo's father, Mr. Montague tells the boys, "It's showtime. Ready?" They all nod and follow him to the stage. One of the staff members hands Romeo a microphone that was decorated in blue rhinestones with his initials in white.

The Blue Jays look at each other before taking a deep breath and walking onto the stage. They smiled and waved at their fans who were cheering loudly. Mercutio walks over to his instrument and haphazardly sits down on his stool. Benvolio stands next to him, blowing kisses and winking to the front row, causing one girl to faint dramatically. Romeo stops in front of the boys in the middle of the stage.

"How are you doing tonight, Verona!" Romeo yelled, the crowd screaming in response. 

"We said, 'How are you doing tonight, Verona!'" Benvolio repeated, the crowd screamed louder.

"Hope you're ready to party!" Mercutio said with a wink, "Five, six, seven, eight!" he said as he began hitting his drums and Benvolio started strumming. 

Shot through the heart
And you're to blame
Darlin', you give love a bad name

Romeo started to sing into the mic, everyone went wild. Some danced while others sang along.

An angel's smile is what you sell
You promise me Heaven, then put me through hell
Chains of love got a hold on me
When passion's a prison, you can't break free

Oh, you're a loaded gun, yeah
Oh, there's nowhere to run
No one can save me
The damage is done

Benvolio started to sing along, still strumming along to the song before Mercutio started to harmonize with them.

Shot through the heart

And you're to blame

You give love a bad name (bad name)
I play my part and you play your game
You give love a bad name (bad name)
Hey, you give love, a bad name

Paint your smile on your lips
Blood red nails on your fingertips
A school boy's dream, you act so shy
Your very first kiss was your first kiss goodbye

The song began to remind Romeo of Rosaline, but he continued to sing with more emotion. He imagined singing it to her. He danced and jumped around, hyping up the crowd, who cheered louder in response.

Whoa, you're a loaded gun
Whoa, there's nowhere to run
No one can save me
The damage is done

Shot through the heart
And you're to blame
You give love a bad name (bad name)
I play my part and you play your game
You give love a bad name (bad name)
You give love, oh

Benvolio started to exaggerate all of his motion as he pluck at his bass. Romeo started to clap, the crowd copied his motions.

Oh, shot through the heart
And you're to blame
You give love a bad name
I play my part and you play your game
You give love a bad name (bad name)

Shot through the heart
And you're to blame
You give love a bad name (bad name)
I play my part and you play your game
You give love a bad name (bad name)

You give love
You give love (bad name)
You give love
You give love (bad name)
You give love
You give love (bad name)
You give love
You give love

The Blue Jays finished their song, out of breath and a little sweaty. They smiled at the horde of people and waved as they walked off stage.