worry?

authors note: this chapter reminds me of this song for some reason so just listen to it while you read😭. knucks>>

                         Sunday
I woke up randomly feeling uneasy. I checked the time and it was 8am.

I recall i only fell a sleep at 4am because i couldn't sleep, so i've only been asleep for 4 hours.

I sat up from my bed and looked outside my window. It was windy and rainy creating an eerie scenery.

I got up from my bed, going to my bathroom to do all my hygiene.

I turned on the shower, tied my hair up and took off my clothes to get in.

I stood there for a while, letting the hot water flow on my skin and i just cried. Sometimes it's good to let it all out.

***

After i finished getting ready which was like 2 hours later, it was now 10am.

I was just standing in my room like a lost puppy when i realised i haven't gone to annoy my mum in a while.

I ran out my room, and into my mums room and she was still in bed.

"Hey mummy!" I smiled and went to lay next to her.

"You this child. Why are you screaming like this in the morning?" She sighed.

"I don't know. You birthed me."

She kissed her teeth.

"How are you my dear?" She looked at me with sympathy.

"I'm fine, mum. I really don't want you to stress." I began to get emotional.

"But how can i not stress over my own daughter? Tori olorun. (for God sake) My daughter is struggling. And i pray. Everyday i pray for my children. And i ask God 'What did i do?'" Mum began crying.

This is why i didn't want my mum to know. She worries a lot and it pains me to see her like this.

I leaned over to give my mum a hug.

"I love you mum." I wiped her tears away.

"I love you more, Damilola." My mum rubbed my back.

***

Beep! Beep! Beep! My phone rang in my sleep.

"Oh my dayssss!" Without looking at the caller ID i answered the phone.

"What do you want and why are you calling me at..." I checked the time on my clock "3 in the morning?!" I yelled frustrated with my eyes closed.

"Chill man. It's future hubby." I could hear the smirk in his tone and his voice was like sleepy deep.

"Oh. Zakai Williams?" I held the bridge of my nose.

"Yes?"

"Are you aware of the time?"

"Yes."

"And are you aware that we have school tomorrow?"

"Yes..."

"So if you know what's best for you, I suggest you go to bed."

"But i belong in your bed-"

Before he could even continue that sly, unfunny attempt to flirt i hung up.

Beep! Beep!

I answered the phone and sighed.

"Oh my gosh Zakai i will actually box you." I sulked.

"Come on, man. I just wanna speak to you."

"Alright. Go ahead." By this time i knew i wouldn't be able to go back to sleep.

"How are you doing?" He asked me.

"I'm good thanks. How are you?"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes Zakai." I smiled because he always double asks if i'm okay.

"Alright."

"Zakai this couldn't wait till morning?" I huffed.

"No." His deep voice echoed through the speaker of my phone.

"Okay can i go now?"

"Nooo, just stay on the phone please. You can sleep, just stay." He mumbled. I could tell he was getting tired aswell.

"Okay. Goodnight Zakai."

"Wait."

"What?"

"Gimme kiss."

"Oh my days." I laughed and kissed my screen.

"Mwah." He kissed the screen back.

"Goodnight my love." He said and we both fell asleep in silence.

~
authors note: this was a short one but i wanted to give ym two in a row because i'm just that guy🤷🏾‍♀️😚