not ready

a/n: hey guysss, i've decided to make this book longer than expected.
also, i removed zakais face claim bcs i want you to imagine him as how your mind portrays.
+, i'm gonna be adding chapter titles now so i'm changing the other chapter names👍🏾.

⚠️WARNING: explicit content, mature.⚠️

Zakai Williams
Stoping in my tracks of interrogating DK, I looked to my right to see the person i've been waiting to see for almost 3 months.

The knife i was holding fell out of my hand in shock as i felt my eyes tear up but i quickly blinked them away.

"Kai..." She said slightly above a whisper as she ran, making her way towards me.

"Dami...I've missed you so much." I shut my eyes and stroked her lovely hair back as we rocked side to side in our hug, her hands wrapped around my neck due to my tall frame and my hands sitting just above her hips.

I took in the coconut scent of her fluffy hair and sighed.

After all this time, she still smells the same.

She sobbed in my chest as she drew her eyes to her left, seeing a dejected Michael.

I follow her eyes as she sprung into Michaels arms, causing him to stumble but quickly relax and reciprocate the hug.

"Long time bubs." He chuckled and kissed her forehead.

She chuckled too and held him tighter as she got down from his arms.

Shortly after Dami, came walking in a tall, hench man who stood just a bit taller than Michael and I, us both being 6'5.

"Why the fuck is he here? Dami what is he doing here?" Michaels eyebrow's furrowed and his nose flared as he created fists with his hands.

I soon clocked on that it was their dad.

This also made me angry but i swallowed down the nerve and intent to kill the man himself. The man that broke her heart was a few inches away from us and for some reason she didn't even show any emotion of vexation.

"Yo what the fuck is going on?" I asked Dami.

She wasn't answering so i turned to a slightly unconscious DK who was just grinning.

"Calm."

I aimed my glock in his mouth.

"He's my boss! He's my boss!" DK exclaimed.

"Your boss huh." I nodded my head and looked up to Damis' dad.

"It's not like that. He himself went against my commands it wasn't supposed to be liked this. He wasn't supposed to hurt Dami."

"Hurt Dami?" I raised and eyebrow.

"Let me ex-" Damis' dad started as he turned towards Michael.

"Explain?! Why the fuck would I?!" Michael retorted.

"Michael. Calm down." Dami said breathlessly.

I looked at her weirdly. Why is she acting like that?

"What you're on his side now?" Michael asked a bit hurt.

I subconsciously looked down at the top under my hoody as the zip was slightly open, to see a stain of dried blood. It's definitely not DKs' because i stabbed him a few minutes ago and it wasn't a lot of blood.

"What the fuck." I mouthed to myself and looked towards Dami.

My mouth widened when i saw her very vibrantly red stained top.