𝗱𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝗻•˖* ℘

•˖* ℘

•˖* ℘

The cup of tea I had prepared for myself had turned cold and was replaced by a glass of liquor. I felt like time had frozen for a moment. And now it was only moving slower. The silence filling the air was finally intercepted by the gloomy tune produced by the strings of my guitar. It became a sound that subtly recollected all of my thoughts. An escape from them at times.

At this moment, my head was a blank canvas waiting for her memory to stain it. Something that I knew I had to keep to myself and no one else. Including Miles, who sat just a couple of feet away from me. I heaved another sigh, hearing the sound of my shoe tapping against the ceramic grow louder. Miles seemed to notice this move since he removed his gaze from the guitar on his lap.

I ignored it, too lost in the painting I had created inside my head, one in which she starred, as always. Nothing would drag me to the reason behind my infatuation with her. No part of me was advanced enough to know at what moment I had let this sentiment run through my veins. It had to have been so fast and unexpected since I could not recall anything.

Aside from how astonished I was at her effortless beauty, my mind did not conquer anything that would lead me to an answer. Which was something that frustrated me to the core. I spent night after night with my eyes wide open and my heart in my hand, attempting to gain knowledge from all of our encounters and what had pushed me so far that I began experiencing this feeling.

She was like a mix of emotions inside a jar, waiting to be freed. Emotions that I'd only read about, and maybe even lied about enduring. It hit me as hard as a train, leaving me with no explanation whatsoever. It was like I finally found the person who personified Arabella perfectly. Even though in my visions there she was, and I hadn't met her yet.

It was truly surprising how someone I met in the blink of an eye had the qualities I never knew were so amusing to me. So perfect, so flawless, and it was her all along. It was like the universe had aligned our meeting perfectly. Though my words and expressions whenever I was around her said otherwise.

I was more than aware that whatever she was making me feel was different from anything my heart had ever received, but I was not going to risk my outside view for someone that I had to feign a relationship with.

My eyes closed again, taking me into the deepest darkness I could go into. I shut them so hard that I began to see some colors dancing around in my concealed sight. Perhaps it was the alcohol inside my system the one to blame, since not only was I envisioning things that inside a part of me I was sure weren't there, but I was hearing loud melodies ring through my ears.

I was a damn wreck, still being shielded by the walls around my apartment with my eyes red from smoking. It seemed to be the only way that her image was not dancing by my sight at any chance it had. A flawless image of my last encounter with her.