𝙗𝙪𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙙𝙚𝙨𝙞𝙧𝙚•˖* ℘

•˖* ℘

•˖* ℘

Part of me didn't want to face the person sleeping on my couch, well the one that didn't spend half their nights sleeping there.

The events following the moment I laid her to rest on my couch were a blur. My mind was in an inconsistent state, making me think of all these things I wanted to avoid doing at all costs.

I debated whether it'd be a good idea to go out there and check on her... and maybe lean down to get a better view of how she was doing... and perhaps lean a bit closer just to make sure her breathing was steady... and perhaps hand her a goodnight kiss...

Those notions had gotten the best of me. And just as I was setting foot outside my bedroom, I saw a glimpse of her legs on top of Miles' lap as his head rested back on the couch.

Miles was a light sleeper. I could've woken him up with just the simple action of walking out into the hall, and in a very odd turn of events, I didn't, which I was grateful enough for.

As to the angelic girl sleeping next to him, I couldn't seem to kick her out of my mind. No matter how long I paced around my room for, or how many deep breaths I took, she just couldn't get enough of draining every single neuron I had left.

Once the sun had come out, I couldn't recall the exact moment that I grew the balls to leave the room, but eventually I did. Her voice was already knocking me out the frame as I walked the hall to the living room.

"How'd you sleep?" Avoiding her sweet gaze, I inquired and walked into the kitchen.

''Good, this one's a heavy sleeper'' Miles answered as though the question was directed at him when it clearly wasn't. I would be sure to make a snappy comment on that later.

He walked into the kitchen with me and I wasn't sure what I was doing around the kitchen. I wasn't even hungry. I messed around with a couple of things. I did everything but face her.

Her light footsteps trailed behind Miles as I tried with all of my forces to dismiss her existence, but it was in vain. It felt as though she was inching closer to me from behind. I could sense it.

She then probed my bare back softly.

''Thanks for letting me stay...I guess?" Her tone was doubtful, and she wasn't very good at concealing that.

I shifted my body around and was immediately immersed into her beauty, the proximity of our bodies was enough to produce me goosebumps.

It was almost as if having her that close to me made me want to accentuate the better part of me, the one I hadn't let her see yet. Nonetheless it seemed foolish to me to divert my path so suddenly.