𝐕. 𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐀𝐍𝐘

V. UNEXPECTED COMPANY

"The problem with always putting others before yourself is you taught them that you come second

"The problem with always putting others before yourself is you taught them that you come second."

SEPTEMBER 18th
GOTHAM CITY, NEW YORK
GOTHAM ACADEMY
11 am.

"I'D SAY YOUR CHANCES OF GETTING INTO HARVARD ARE HIGH."

Sasha peered up at Ms.Stettner, the school's guidance counselor, through her thick eyelashes as her counselor clicked through her file on her computer. Sasha squirmed in her seat as Ms.Stettner stared intensely at her screen.

"You have a 4.5 GPA, you're planning to take four APs this year, you're up for valedictorian, and judging by your PSAT score from last year you'll do great on the actual SAT," Ms.Stettner arched an eyebrow in surprise. "If they rejected you they'd be crazy."

Sweated poured down Sasha's forehead, "So if I applied I'd get in?"

Me. Stettner paused, "I mean technically I can't promise you anything but based on what I'm seeing...yeah. And based on your mom's gross income...I'd say your EFC would be at zero. Combine that with a great personal statement," she shrugged. "You could actually get a full ride."

    "A full ride..." Sasha muttered uneasily. "To Harvard."

"I can send your transcript and recommendation letters by tomorrow if you fill out your application today for Early decision," Ms.Stettner offered. She eyed Sasha. "If you want to apply."

"I- Of course, I want to apply," Sasha said tightly, wrapping her arms around herself. She swallowed, "I'll have the application done by the end of the week."

"Great," Ms.Stettner said, she spun around in her chair. Sasha nodded, grabbed her bag, and headed for the door. "Oh, and Ms.Rocque?"

Sasha turned around.

"I mean no disrespect but..." Ms. Stettner paused, "Please tell your mother to stop calling me to ask when you'll be applying to schools. It's not my job to force you into applying for schools," she eyed Sasha. "Especially schools you don't want to go to."