TGP Chapter 10: Abduction

"Which nasty critic stoned me?!"
_________

This breed of horse can be said to belong uniquely to the Yang family in Huajing. Now that the Yang family gathered people and rushed towards the princess's residence, there must only be one purpose-

They wanted to abduct Li Rong.

Given Yang Quan's way of doing things, if he didn't have a chance to marry Li Rong, then he would not think about it, but now that there was a chance, a madman like him could act on his thoughts.

In typical situations, Yang Quan should have someone pretend to kidnap Li Rong and wait for a chance to act out the hero saving the beauty at the most critical moment. Then, he would spend the night with Li Rong alone and perhaps Li Rong would be moved.

Even if Li Rong is not moved, Li Ming is an Emperor who values reputation. Li Rong and Yang Quan would have spent one night together, and even if the circumstances were unclear, Li Ming would bestow the marriage anyways.

If Li Rong resisted, then wouldn't Yang Quan do something extreme? At that time, Li Ming would marry Li Rong off to save face for the Imperial family. Once they are married, he will destroy the Yang family and settle accounts at a more convenient time.

Once the Yang family is destroyed, if Li Chuan helped Li Rong, it would fall in line with His Majesty's intentions. His Majesty will add the Yang family's troubles onto the Crown Prince, using it as an opportunity to depose the Crown Prince.

If Li Chuan did not help Li Rong, Li Ming would demote Li Rong to a commoner or send her to a Taoist temple on the grounds of being a former wife of the Yang family. Only then could the Emperor rest assured that the Crown Prince will never be able to use Li Rong's marriage to win over anyone else.

So for Li Ming, as long as Li Rong's chastity is compromised, she will be married to Yang Quan anyways.

But where did Yang Quan get his courage?

Pei Wenxuan closed his eyes and recalled his previous life. In the previous life, not long after, the Yang family almost all died on the front line. If someone said that this was not the Emperor's doing, he would not believe it.

Yang Quan must be very impatient because he probably knew that the Yang family was under the threat of a sharp blade. Whether or not he abducted the princess, he would still die.

At this moment, the Yang family urgently needs Li Rong to bind themselves to Li Chuan. Once Li Rong marries Yang Quan, Li Chuan and the Yang family will be in the same boat. Even if Li Chuan doesn't want to be, Li Ming will not believe it, so Li Chuan will only be caught up in a struggle between father and son against Li Ming. This was precisely the best chance of survival the Yang family had.

The more Pei Wenxuan thought about it, the more disgusting he felt Yang Quan was. However, when faced with this problem himself, did he also need to help? And to what extent?

Help. He must help to some extent. He at least needed to go back and inform Li Chuan to send people to the rescue.

But what else?

If Li Chuan's rescue didn't arrive in time...

Pei Wenxuan thought about it, but then he couldn't bear to. Li Rong was used to being proud, and if she was forced to marry after being humiliated like that, he was afraid she would bear that grudge for a lifetime. But if he wanted to help, how could he help?

He wasn't some great hero that could save Li Rong from fire and water. His return has only one purpose, which is to stall for time and reduce the chances that Li Rong would be humiliated. However, what he would be putting on the line would be his life. If he wasn't careful, Yang Quan could kill him.