TGP Chapter 11: Quarreling

"I have returned, Your Imperial Highness the Grand Princess."
___________

Pei Wenxuan carried Li Rong and ran into the reed fields. While the shadow guards and Yang Quan's men were still fighting, he untied the horses' reins and hit their rears. The horses fled in two different directions. Pei Wenxuan put the unconscious Li Rong on his back and laid flat on the ground, motionless.

When both sides reacted, Li Rong was gone. When they discovered something dashing through the reed field, both sides immediately moved in different directions in pursuit. Pei Wenxuan saw that they were chasing after the horses and quickly sat up. He carried Li Rong and madly dashed towards the dark forest in the distance.

Normally, he was not this strong, but in this life and death situation, he surprisingly didn't feel that Li Rong was heavy at all. With Li Rong on his back, he ran like the wind and did not dare to stop.

Lying against his shoulder, Li Rong slowly regained consciousness. As soon as she came to her senses, she felt something painfully poking her stomach.

She let out a hiss. Pei Wenxuan heard it and hurriedly asked: "Are you awake?"

Li Rong was so shaken up by him that she wanted to vomit. Her stomach was hurting again, and the jolting made her dizzy and her vision blur, so she urgently said: "Put me down!"

Pei Wenxuan confirmed that she was awake and immediately put her down. Before Li Rong could react, he dragged her while running ahead, saying, "Run!"

"Pei Wenxuan..." Li Rong, who still did not understand the situation, was dragged by him all the way into the dense forest. She trembled and said, "I...I want to vomit..."

"Force it down!"

Pei Wenxuan said decisively and began to explain: "There are soldiers chasing after us, we..."

Before he could finish, Li Rong vomited straight down in Pei Wenxuan's direction with a "ua." Pei Wenxuan quickly let go of her hand and leapt to the side, watching Li Rong kneel on the ground and vomit.

After Li Rong gave Pei Wenxuan a great shock, he quickly glanced around. Once he confirmed that there were no soldiers pursuing them, he walked to her side and handed Li Rong a handkerchief, frowning, "Are you okay?"

Li Rong used the handkerchief to wipe her mouth and gracefully stood up. She looked around and asked, "Where is this place?"

Pei Wenxuan was silent. Seeing that he was not speaking, Li Rong's heart cried out in unease and frowned, "You don't know?"

"I ran too fast just now," Pei Wenxuan calmly said, "I wasn't paying attention to the road, this should be somewhere in the woods now."

"You don't say!" Li Rong shouted angrily, "Would Bengong not know that this is the woods? I'm asking you how to get out of here!"

"Just wait for someone." Pei Wenxuan immediately got upset when she started yelling at him. He turned his head, walked straight ahead and said: "Let's find a suitable place to rest first then talk. There's no guarantee that Yang Quan's men won't find us."

When Li Rong heard this, she recognized that there was some truth to it, but she was unhappy when she saw Pei Wenxuan's pretentious face. The thought that she was injured while he was not made her even more unhappy. So she stood in place, not moving. Pei Wenxuan walked a few steps and noticed that Li Rong wasn't following. He turned his head back to look at her, frowned and said, "What's the matter now?"

"I have a headache."

Li Rong lifted her hand to caress her forehead and sighed: "Alas, I can't walk anymore."