《 Prologue 》

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

Those were the only sounds echoing inside of the tombs that held the portal right in the middle of its dark and gloomy labyrinth.

Water dripped from the ceiling allowing puddles of water to form on the ground in different areas.

Soft footsteps were heard going down a flight of stairs, making sure that any traps or surprises from different mobs that lived there didn't surprise this figure.

Cracked stones slithered with silverfish living in them, hissing and squirming at the loud echoing of both the footsteps and the drips from water hitting the stone-cold floors.

Crackling and hissing were heard but their perpetrators were nowhere in sight.

A tall figure–about 7'3 or 7'5, could be seen appearing from a tall corridor.

Gloved fingers dragged around the walls, slightly bumping into both moss and cracks in the stone.

The figure was wearing a long cloak that fell to their knees while their hood covered their whole face with the help of the figure's hair hiding their features.

Clicking their tongue, the figure's eyes narrowed at the sound of humming that led them towards an end portal.

"It's been so long." The figure whispered, ignoring the silverfish that hissed and tried to bite at their feet, which failed.

Kicking the silverfish away, the figure brought out multiple eyes of ender and stared at the portal frames that held areas to place the eyes into.

Grinning, the cloaked figure placed the eyes in their placeholders and stood back.

The humming grew louder as the portal activated due to the power that it was given.

Faint, but glowing eyes brightened at their owner's achievement of opening up the portal that led to their childhood home.

"Up we go."

The figure walked up the stairs and casually hopped into the portal, their cloak flying up a bit to show a pair of (E/c) hues.

"Time to take back the throne."

Gentle footsteps rushed through the hallways after being told the news of someone entering the end from the labyrinth on the other side.

A woman in her 70s was seen holding onto her maid uniform's skirt as she carefully headed in the direction of the throne room.

"Your highness!" The woman's voice exclaimed as the guards allowed her into the room that held their king right inside.

A man in his 80s snarled lightly at the fact that his alone time was disturbed by a lowlife maid.

"What the hell do you want?" He asked with a rude tone.

The maid bowed a bit before showing herself to the king. "There's an intruder in the labyrinth! They're heading straight into the end, your highness." She exclaimed while trying to catch her breath.

Dark eyes narrowed at the information that their owner was given.

Swirling a cup of red wine in his off-hand, the king sat up straight and leaned forward.

"Oh? Please do tell me more about our intruder," he sweetly said.

The maid felt a shiver go up to her spine at how toxic the older man's voice sounded.

"Supposedly it's someone from the other side playing with death. The guards over at the entrance are waiting for your orders on what to do once this intruder steps through." The maid answered, making sure she didn't make any eye contact.

The king pursed his lips as he gave a thoughtful look. "Do we know what this intruder looks like?" He asked.

The maid shook her head. "We have no clue on what this person looks like."

A heavy distasteful sigh left the older man's lips as he took a silent sip of his wine.

Standing up onto his feet, the king slammed the empty wine glass onto the arm holder that the throne had–which surprisingly didn't shatter the glass.

Walking down a few steps, the king peered down at the short woman in front of him.

"Tell my knights to pursue the intruder once this particular person enters the gates." He ordered as he lowered his voice to a grumble.

The maid bit the inside of her cheek before nodding her head quickly. "And then what?" She asked.

A menacing and dangerous grin slipped onto the man's lips.

"Oh dear, what do you mean?" He purred.

The maid mentally cringed at the ender dragon hybrid in front of her, her enderman side wanting to teleport away from that instant.

"Once we pursue the intruder, what should your knights do?" The maid asked, silently swallowing due to nervousness.

"We're gonna kill them, of course." He simply ordered.

The maid nodded her head, bowed, and quickly left the room.

The king turned around and burst out into laughter.

"Kill them. We're gonna kill everyone that dares to enter the end!" He hollered.

His dark-colored eyes gleamed with insanity as he looked straight at the throne.

"Nobody shall be left alive."

Gripping his hand into a fist, he grinned darkly.

"Being a murderer is quite fun."

The maid felt tears build up in her eyes as she made eye contact with a destroyed picture.

"Oh (M/n)... Where are you, dearie?" She whispered under her breath, knowing that the prince's father is long dead.

She just had a feeling the prin–the true king was still alive and well, and that feeling wasn't gonna be going anywhere.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•