《 Long Live the King 》

Cw: Death
•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Gentle footsteps could be seen trying to stay side by side with another pair that made giant echoes throughout a long hallway.

Squealing of happiness was heard from a young piglet that kept squirming in its owner's arms, a small plastic crown on its head.

"(P/n) we need to keep quiet!" A young (M/n) whispered loudly with a hushing tone.

(P/n) stared up at their owner with wide eyes, confused.

With a small squeal, the young piglet went quiet while trying not to make any noise so that the two of them wouldn't get in trouble.

(M/n)'s father stared down at him with an amused and loving gaze towards his son, knowing that the young prince just wanted to play some games with his best friend–which was a piglet.

(M/n) did his best to keep a straight face as he and his father entered a large room with a dining table and multiple seats sitting right in the middle of the room.

Multiple people could be seen staring at the trio that had just walked in with hawk eyes.

"Is that your son, King (F/n)?" One of the visitors asked with a raised non-existent eyebrow.

(M/n) and (P/n) stared at all the visitors with amazed eyes, wondering if this was why he was here.

(P/n) trembled a bit underneath the powerful eyes of those that looked down upon them.

The (H/c) hair-colored child stared down at his feet quietly, not wanting a word or two slip.

(F/n) placed a hand onto his son's shoulder gripping it reassuringly before staring at the others with a strained smile. "Yes."

Silent whispering and chattering were heard from the visitors as they stared at the young boy with a look of disgust.

(M/n) lowered his head even more while gently tightening his hold around his only friend in the castle.

"So, he is your heir? Even if he isn't a full ender dragon?" A snarky voice asked.

(F/n)'s brows furrowed as he turned to realize that it was his brother that had spoken up.

"Yes, he's my sole heir. No one is making me change my mind," he answered calmly despite wanting to snap at the man he called his brother and his son's uncle.

(M/n) slowly moved into his father's embrace, gently tugging at the sleeve of his shirt to indicate that the older male should calm down a bit.

(F/n) released a heavy sigh of distaste but gave a gentle smile down at his child.

The man with messy (H/c) locks dressed up in a braid walked over to his chair, urging his son to follow him.

(M/n) quickly grabbed onto his father's sleeve while holding (P/n) in his other arm.

He didn't want to be here.

Those predatory eyes were gonna get him.

They were out for blood.

If he wanted to be honest?

(M/n) doesn't want to be the future king.

He doesn't want to be the king at all.

(E/c) eyes stared at his reflection in a mirror that was looking back at him.

(M/n) felt a sickness bubble up in his throat when he realized that he didn't want to be the king.

He just wanted to get back the throne and crown for his dead father's sake.

But where did that leave him?

Gripping at the golden buckle around his chest, he forcefully snapped it off–wanting the undeserved feeling of the mantle off of him.

Staring at the designs that the mantle had, his eyes glazed over with unshed tears.

His once injured eye was no longer showing any sight due to it becoming blind hours ago.

"If I'm right, despite being parallel...the end is several hours ahead from Earth. I would love to know which mighty being caused this." (M/n) sighed as he rubbed away the unshed tears.

Taking a golden crown off of his head, the (H/c)ette placed it on the corner of the mirror where a picture of his father was taped up at.

"Long live the king." He whispered underneath his words while a small smile slipped onto his lips.

"Sorry dad, but I need to get back home." (M/n) apologized to his father's picture.

"Are you sure about this?" (R/n)'s voice piped up from the door.

(M/n) looked at (R/n)'s reflection in the mirror and nodded his head.

"I do believe that the villagers and the kingdom have the right to bring this place back to its glorious days," he answered.

(R/n) painfully smiled. "Your father would've been so proud of you."

(M/n) turned around and smiled back. "I know."

(R/n) stumbled over a bit before forcing the taller man to his height by grabbing onto his face.

"Your ancestors have blessed this land for many generations and now it's your turn." She gently said as she placed her forehead upon (M/n)'s.

The two sat in silence for a bit before pulling away from the relaxing moment.

"Now go, your family must be worried about you." (R/n) states, urging the male to leave.

"I'll miss you, (R/n)." (M/n) replied.

"I'll miss you too, my dear child." (R/n) smiled.

(M/n) quickly left the room after tossing his familiar cloak over his shoulders.

(R/n) sat on the bed that the bedroom held inside of it before painfully gripping onto her chest.

Tears gathered up in her eyes realizing that this would be the last time she'll ever see her favorite (H/c)ette.

"I–I wish t–that I could've seen you grow up, m–my little D–Dragonfly. But...this is where we part ways," she whispered while leaning back into the bed.

'I'll give your father a good beating too. Take care, my little Dragonfly.'

(R/n) released her final breath as she allowed her life to succumb to both old age finally catching up and a heart attack.

"You were always such a lazy one, your highness." A gentle voice laughed.

A young (M/n) lightly poked at (R/n)'s forearm. "Leave me alone! It's not my fault I get tired easily, blame dad!" He huffed out.

(R/n) joyously laughed. "Of course, my little Dragonfly."

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅