Chapter 15

The last thing Fū remembered was dying.

Everything hurt, her limbs protesting movement. Her chest ached, feeling as though she were being suffocated by a heavy weight. The pain grew worse, screams escaping Fū's lips as her body burned, searing pain making her dizzy. It wasn't long before the pain became unbearable, feeling as if it were ripping her apart from the inside. Fū gasped, her mind going blank as she lost consciousness, the world growing dark. She was lost in a swirl of black, her eyes closing......closing..........

The pain was gone when Fū awoke, only extreme exhaustion overwhelming her senses. She pushed her heavy eyelids open, assessing her surroundings. Blue sky hung overhead, dark gray clouds gathering in the distance. The wind blew Fū's hair into her face, bringing with it the smell of thunder and fresh rain. It wouldnt be long before the storm was upon her. A large thunderclap made Fū start. Yeah, she'd better get out of there.

Pushing herself up, Fū stumbled to her feet. Trees stood on all sides, staring down menacingly at her. If any of them got struck by lightning, it wouldn't be good news for Fū. She wasn't sure where she was, or why she was there, but it really wasnt her biggest concern at the moment. She didn't really want to be caught in a thunderstorm. Fū decided to head in the direction of the nearest village. After asking for directions from a passing traveler, Fū learned that the Konahagakure was nearby. Good. Fū thought. Naruto can help me.

Activating her wings, Fū took to the sky, the wind resisting her. Fū pushed forward, not going to give up just cause of a little wind. She was no weak koinichi, and flying would take much less long, than walking would. The journey would still be difficult, but Fū needed shelter, protection, and a hell of a ton of answers. And she was sure Naruto could give them to her.

♤♤♤

Naruto couldn't belive his ears. "W-what?" He stammered, staring into Hinata's pale eyes. "You don't mean.....?"

"Our son is missing or dead, I do not know." Hinata shook her head, tears falling down her fair cheeks. "Harume was able to pinpoint a good area of where Boruto is, but other than that...." Hinata's voice broke.

Naruto's voice died in his throat. He couldnt think of any words that could comfort his grieving wife. Instead, the blonde pulled his wife close, holding her in his arms. Hinata shuddered, as she sobbed into Naruto's chest. A new burning ambition flared inside of Naruto. He'd find thier son. Even if it cost him his life, he'd find Boruto.

No matter what.

♤♤♤

When Fū stumbled through the gates of the Leaf, the rain was pouring down in torrents, thunder rumbling overhead. Fū shivered, her crop top and shorts giving her little protection from the horrid weather. She was beginning to wish she had warmer clothes.

Fū's feet splashed through the puddles, hurrying to the Hokage's office. She needed to speak with Naruto as soon as possible. Fū only hoped that the Hokage was there. She stomped up the stairs, her soaking clothes and hair, dumping bucketloads of water on the nice, clean, floors. Fū slid up to the Hokage's door, holding her hand up to knock, stopping when she heard voices. She froze, pressing her ear to the door, trying to pick up what was being said.

"We need to strike now!" Fū heard Naruto yell. "Kabuto will only continue to invade the other Great Nations!"

"I don't know......ugh, this is all such a drag." Came the lazy drawl of Shikamaru. "While I agree we need to ready ourselves, we are in no condition to lead a frontal assault on Kabuto's army."

"I agree with you both."

Fū's heart leaped in her chest. She recognized that voice. Could it be.....?