I beg your pardon

Bucky went back downstairs to find Lia after grabbing a clean jacket from his room. Before the elevator doors opened he could hear her playing the piano. It brought a smile to his face being able to hear her play again something he thought he would never get to do. Taking his time he slowled his stride down the hall from the kitchen to the living room so he could listen without fear of anyone seeing an expression on his face that shouldn't be there. Coming to the doorway he schooled his face into a blank expression, one that was slightly less hostile than his now every day face.

He didn't know the piece she was playing, but something about its whimsically spirited sound put him in mind of Cassiel. Almost as if he could picture her dancing to it with her wings spread wide out as she twirled around the room. Buck had never seen her dance, yet he could picture it so clearly in his mind's eye. He really hoped that the wound to her leg hadn't done any real permanent damage to keep her from doing what she so clearly loved. Truth be told Buck envied her a little. To be able to do something that you were so passionate about for as long as she had and be recognized for and loved because of it. It must be nice.

Shifting his eyes around the room he saw that Katya was sitting on Tony's lap while she chatted mind to mind with Xavier and the woman Jean while her boyfriend talked to Stark. A smile tugged at the corner of his mouth to see the little girl so animated while being so silent. The only person who seemed as removed from everyone as he was was Logan. He was the only other person he'd met who made him look a happy go lucky people person in comparison.

He sat in one of the chairs near the couches observing the room like Buck was with a scowl on his face and an unlit cigar clenched in his teeth. Briefly meeting his gaze the other man raised an eyebrow before turning to look at the auburn haired woman to his left now talking animatedly with Kat outloud. Bucky immediately recognized that expression on his face, the one of quiet longing for someone he couldn't have. Maybe they had more in common than he thought.

Shoving those thoughts away he continued to look across the room as he waited for Aurelia to finish playing so he could ask her to come with him to Cassiel's place. Steve was sitting with her over at the piano, his arm around her waist as they had an intimately whispered conversation. Her eyes sparkled with amusement and mischief as she replied to her husband mind to mind making Steve's darken. Okay this wasn't helping him. Maybe he should just do this on his own and not bother them. As he was getting ready to back leave Lia called out to Katya.

"Dragă, do you want to come with me and Uncle Bucky to get Cassiel's cats?" The instant the little girl heard her mother say anything about leaving with him she nodded, but it was when she said that there would be animals that she clapped her hands excitedly before teleporting from Tony's lap into Buck's arms. He shared a glance with the woman who'd apparently heard his thoughts, making him go through the steps to reinforce his mental shields.

"Cats. As in plural?" At the thought of animals in his pristine clean Tower Tony's expression went from congenial to dread.

Sharing a commiserating look with him Charles tells Stark there's only two before telling him to give in. "I agree with Dr Thompson that Cassiel will receive better care here than what we can provide at home if there are any complications so I warn you now not to deny her those felines if you want her to willingly stay."

Speaking up from where he's still seated Steve says, "Come on Tony you've done more damage to this Tower yourself than anything a couple of cats can do."

Shooting the other man a mild glare Tony finally gives in when Katya gives him pleading big doe eyes. "Seeing as it's only temporary I think I can allow it just this once. But if either of them break into my lab I make no promises.."

Giving Steve a goodbye kiss Lia closed the lid on her piano before teleporting from the room and coming back a minute later with her and Kat's jacket's. "Since I've never been to Cassiel's house you'll have to drive." She tells him as she helped her daughter to get her coat on.