Chapter 5 "Your eyes and my eyes both see different things."

⚠️Warning: There may be some disturbing images ahead.

The mansion was empty from top to bottom. In less than two days, all of their stuff was packaged and ready for transportation. For their trip to Beijing.

"You got everything you need?" MingMei nodded.
"Alright, then let's head to the airport."

Daejung got inside the car and MingMei followed anxiously behind him.
"Do we have to take a plane?" Daejung raised his eyebrow at her question.
"Ofcourse, I've already gotten the tickets and everything. Why?"
"The last time I went on a plane was 8 years ago and had a small bit of air sickness. I think it will be better if I avo-"
"It's only a three hour flight. You should be good."

She nodded but she still felt uneasy.
"(Sighs) if you don't get motion sickness from a car, that means it's not serious so don't worry." Daejung says trying to build her confidence but MingMei just keeps quiet.

Soon they make on the plane, looking at their ticket for the seat number. They find their seats quickly, put away the brought luggage, and take a seat. Soon the air pilot make an announcement and the plane takes off.
"Are you ok?" Daejung asks on MingMei's current condition.
"Yeah, I'm good for now." Daejung nods.
"That good, there is something I wanted to discuss with you." MingMei looks at him, signaling him to continue.
"About how we are going to stop this marriage."
"Oh, Ofcourse!.........right, so um got any ideas?"
"That's the problem, my father is a hard person to convince but I know he isn't ruthless."
"What if we just simply don't get along." Daejung looked her confused at her statement. "Like fight a lot or causing trouble and blaming it on each other. Something like that, that way they will see that it's best to keep us separated."

Daejung thought for a moment at the suggestion and was going to reply when MingMei got up excusing herself to the bathroom.

~Four hours later~
The couple finished unpacking and took sometime to rest.
"Ugh... I'm so hungry. I could go for pizza right now." MingMei said suddenly.
"Yeah, let's go for food outside and explore the city a little bit." MingMei nodded excitedly and followed Daejung outside.

MingMei P.O.V.
I walked the streets in awe at the tall building, different lights, and different vibe the people brought, other than what I was used to. It felt nice to see new a place without any worry. "Is this what people call vacations?"

"Hey! Does this seem ok?" I looked to the restaurant Daejung pointed to and nodded so we went inside. And the food was amazing! When we left the restaurant I felt so full but I still wanted to explore the area so Daejung suggested we go to a nearby park. The sign read that it was a rose park.

"We were lucky to come here at this time of the year. This is the time the roses are freshly bloomed." I agreed as I looked around at the beautiful multi-colored landscape.
"Have you been in Beijing before?" I asked finally after the long silence we had when we drove here.
"Nope, this is my first."
"Same, here."
"I could tell." I looked at him and I could tell by his expression that I must've showed more excitement then I thought I was.

I let out a soft chuckle at the thought and looked back at the fields of roses. My eyes scanned the area and it landed on a field of red roses close by. Suddenly my eyes started to flash memories, memories I didn't want to remember, memories I'd hope I could forget.
Pain.

Screaming.

Blood.

RED.

I slowly felt myself starting to breath heavy. And my head getting dizzy. I started fighting myself not to panic and for my breathing to stable but it was helpless. I fell to the ground while holding my head, trying to get the thoughts out of my head. I could faintly here Daejung calling me worriedly asking what's wrong, the next thing I know it, I am unconscious.

~Next Day~ Daejung P.O.V.
"I'm not sure, It was very sudden." I was speaking with the doctors who was trying to get a clue of what caused MingMei to faint like that in the middle of the park. "We had just come from eating when we decided to take a walk around the park. She seemed fine the whole ride there but it was a few minutes when we walked in that she started to breathing heavily."

The doctors nodded carefully taking in what I was telling him. "This a real mystery that's hard to crack. Maybe she will know after she wakes up. But for now her heath seems alright."

Daejung nodded and looked to MingMei as the doctor walked out. Just then MingMei started to open her eyes and look around. Then her eyes landed on me.

"What happened? Where am I?"
"You fainted when we were in the park, right now we are at the hospital." MingMei nodded and looked down.
"What happened?" I asked her. She looked back up at me with a questionable look.
"What do you mean?"
"You just suddenly start to hyperventilate out of nowhere, and you looked horrified and bothered before you fell on the ground."

For a minute she looked like she was deep in thoughts but then her face lit like up a lightbulb and she looked at me kind of hesitant. 'She must not want to tell me but what could have happened there that she wouldn't want to tell me?'

"Um..... I got scared." She began to say making me turn my attention back to her. "Some unwanted memories came into my head for some reason."

"What type of memories?"

"I'm not really comfortable to talk about it."

I nodded understandingly. "Should I call you parents?"

"No! That's ok, it not like it's serious. I don't need to bother them about it."

"You think you can walk?" I stretched my hand out for her to hold for support and she took it and got off the bed. "It seems like it!" She looked back at me smiling kinda excitedly. I nodded back while chuckling at her sudden hyper mood.

"Alrighty then! Let's get back to the apartment." She did a few jumping jacks before heading out room.

'Where does she get all that energy?'

~Next Day~ MingMei P.O.V.
I woke up early again, ready to start my day. I got up and washed myself up and headed to Daejung's room to see if he was awake but instead he was gone.

'Did he go to work already?' I took a second look around the apartment to double check and he really was gone. ' I guess he didn't feel hungry today.' I turned around to head to the kitchen, thinking of what I should cook when I ran into a wall!?

'Since when was there a wall behind me!?' I rubbed my sore nose and got up. I jumped in fright at what was in front of me.

"MR. WANG!" I yelled because he just gave me a heart attack! Where in the world was he all this time I was looking for him!? I quickly tried to regain my posture and looked up at him. But yet again he had that resting face and calming posture.

"Hello, Mr. Wang." I said to recover my yelling from earlier.
"Hey, do you happen to know where a red binder is at? I thought I put it by the tv but I don't see it."
I thought for a moment and nodded as I left and came back with the binder. He thank me and was about to head back out when he stopped for a moment as if he was reminded of something. "Oh yeah, Mom and Dad is going to come pick you up to stay with them. So don't expect me for at least a month or two."

"Oh ok." And he left.

"WAIT A SECOND, WHAT!?" Did he just said he's gonna leave for almost TWO MONTHS and did not give me any further information?!