Chapter 6 "Some people may call it a P.O.V."

Author's P.O.V.

After an hour passed by, Daejung's parents finally came by to pick her up. They explained to her that they didn't understand why he was leaving either but that we should just leave him to what has planned and ask him about it when he returns. So that's how her life started. But that's when things are about to take a turn for the WORST.

"MingMei! Do you need help with that?"

"No thanks, I'm good!"

Mrs.Wang nodded in reassurance and walked away while MingMei looked back at the food she was preparing for dinner. The doorbell rang and at that moment MingMei backed up from the stove and walked towards the door to check who it was. She peeked though the hole while sensing Mrs. Wang come up behind her, curious as to who is behind the door aswell. MingMei blinked in surprise and turned to look at Mrs. Wang.

"It Daejung!" Mrs. Wang eyes widened.
"We'll then hurry and open it!" MingMei opened it and left room for Mrs.Wang to walk through. Mrs.Wang who was overjoyed with his sudden return, greeted him enthusiastically with a big motherly hug.

MingMei called down Mr.Wang and he came down just as surprised as Mrs.Wang and MingMei but Daejung had a different expression, he looked very tired and worn out. It didn't go unnoticed by MingMei.

"Son! Where have you been?! Why did you suddenly say that you were going to leave? And for two months?!"

Daejung sighed, his voice seeming a little irritated. "I know, and I'm sorry but I have two explain later. I have things to take care of."

Daejung left to his room after that leaving the family in worry. Even though Mr. Wang tried to keep his anger in check, MingMei could tell that he was getting a little irritated. So MingMei decided to take the risk to go talk to him.

She slowly moved toward Daejung's door and raised her fists to knock. But then she stopped.

"Maybe I should go later, he did say he was busy. Maybe a later time would be good." She nodded to her self and turned around to retreat from her original plan when she was startled by a voice, leaving her frozen a bit.

"What is it that you want?"

"Hello?" Daejung said when still not receiving a reply.

She blinked and looked at him in confusion. "I- I thought you w-were in your room!?"

He looked to the side as if he was trying to think of what to say.

"Uh Yeah......I was but I decided to take a stop to the bathroom." Her inner expression furrowed. 'Doesn't he have a bathroom connected to his room?'

"Oh ok." She replied ignoring her thoughts.

"So.... Was there some thing you wanted to say?"

"Oh Yeah, Um...Are you.....ok?"

He sighed deeply but replied, still avoiding eye contact. "Look, I know y'all are both worried about my sudden disappearance and all, and I'll explain but right now I need y'all to just drop it for a minute."

"Oh no! I don't mean it like that! At the end of the day it's none of my business. What I mean is you seem really stressed out about something, I'd thought it would help if I asked if you were ok. Sorry."

"I'll be alright, thanks though."

Daejung smiled a little and she smiled back. "Alrighty then, I'll be on my way!" Daejung says as he eases to the side towards the door but still facing her. As he did so MingMei caught a glance at a red envelope he was hiding behind his back.

"Okay, see you at dinner?" She replied still glancing at the envelope.

"Yup!" He replied and went inside his room closing the door. MingMei furrowed thinking about his unusual behavior.

'Isn't that red envelope in his hand the same one he was looking for before he disappeared? And why does he seem to be hiding something?'

MingMei walked from his room door and back into the kitchen to set the table for dinner. At dinner, to their surprise, he didn't come down to eat saying that he was still busy. Soon an hour later he still didn't come down, so MingMei decided to bring him the food. Half because she didn't want him to just starve and leave the Wang's even more worried and half because she was still hoping to get some answers, she was going crazy with all the wild assumptions she was making in her head. 'Why did I care so much about what he was hiding? Why does it matter where he has been? Why do I care about what he is so stressed about?' She kept on asking herself that question over and over again but she doesn't know. All she knows is that she has to get to the bottom of this or else, she wouldn't be able to sleep for the night.
.
.
.
.
.
.
She knocked on the door and waited. Soon Daejung answered the door looking even more exhausted than he was a few hours ago.

"What is it?" Daejung said not sparing a glance at her.

MingMei looked around the dark room suddenly feeling this weird aura in the room. "Since you didn't come down to eat I decided to bring it to you."

"Oh Thanks." He replied blankly as she placed the plate next to him.

"Just doing my job." She lightly chuckled trying to lift up the mood.

Her eyes soon wavered around his desk and it spotted a red binder and paper scattering out of it, her eyes squinted as she tried to make out what was written on it. After a few seconds of not succeeding she decided to try to talk it out of him.

"Seems like this "thing" your so busy on is really important." He just nodded in return, still immersed in his paperwork.

"You know.... I've never asked you but what do you do for a living?"

"Isn't it obvious? I'm a mafia leader. In simple form, I make business by doing illegal things." He replied in a rather "duh" tone.

"Well, I know that much. What I guess I mean is, What is it that you do that has gotten you in such a stressful state? What are you doing now that seems more important than destroying Guiyang?"

"What are you talking about?"He says, finally facing MingMei.

"What is it that you're doing that is so much more important than ruining others lives." She replies not knowing where this sudden anger is pulling out from.

"That is none of your concern. Why are you so curious all of the sudden?"

She stops herself and starts asking that same question to herself. 'Why am I so curious? What is wrong with me?' She shakes her head at herself and pays her attention back to Daejung who is still waiting for an answer.

"N-nothing. Sorry, I don't know what got to me. I'll leave." She bows respectfully and exits the room, mentally cursing herself for her current actions.

'Are you crazy?! You could have gotten yourself killed! You're talking to mafia gang leader for goodness sake's! Ugh... you really can't live a day without cause trouble for yourself.'