Chapter 8 "You brought me sunshine,"

MingMei P.O.V

"Dad?!"

"So you do remember."

"I thought you died?!"

"Is that implying that you aren't happy to see me?" He laughed as if trying to lighten the mode but I was to shocked to even react.

My father sighed seeing my stiff demeanor and ordered for one of his men to pass him a chair. They immediately responded and did as asked while my dad came closer giving me weird chills.

"Look, I know you're scared. I didn't plan for us reunite like this but I need you to listen to me."

I looked at him questionably. He looked as if he wanted something?

"You do not know how hurt I was to have you away from me this long. It was worse than losing your mother." I listened but I didn't say anything. I wanted to wait. I knew that If I waited a little longer it'll come.

"But I have changed and I am going to make sure life won't get in our way anymore. Wouldn't you like that MingMei?"

I stood there silent. He said my name. He actually said my name and is having a conversation with me. I never knew he was capable of that let along to have affection for me. As a child I've always craved for that affection but why is he suddenly wanting to give it to me now?

I looked at him and slowly nodded. "I-I.... I did." I paused. "But now, I'm not so sure."

"What do you mean?" My dad asked me but I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Dad.... when have you ever cared about me?....when have you ever treated me, even once, like I was your daughter? Do you know how lonely I was as a child? Do you know how badly I wanted to hear these words from you but instead you pushed me away or told me that you were busy? Why do you suddenly want to be with me now?"

I wasn't expecting me to ever let that out but now that it is, I felt vulnerable and weak. I felt myself at the verge of crying but I forced myself not to let it out. I was always told since my birth. I have to be strong and smart but right now I felt so conflicted.

"MingMei." My dad replied firmer tone than before and I looked up at him. "I know what I did was unimaginably hurtful. I know that it is hard for you to forgive me but I want to change that and make up for the damage I caused to you back then."

"And how are you planning to do that?" I looked at him firmly.

"I just need you-" There it goes. I knew I just needed to wait for it. He does this every time. He hasn't changed, He hasn't changed at all.

"No" I said firmly cutting him off.

"But you don't understand, MingMei. This will be the last time I would need you for anything and then-"

"And then you'd be with me for no less than two months before suddenly disappearing again because you have to 'take care of something' just like you did to me before!" I yelled angrily as my voice echoed through the basement before it became deadly quiet.

My dad stood there quiet but his face looked furious. He was getting irritated and I could tell. 'I just got myself in a horrible situation for the future.' I thought to myself knowing my dads ways all too well.

"BOSS!" Another random man bursts through the door with sweat and blood running down his face causing the other men in the room to immediately stand up alert.

"IT"S DAEJUNG! HE IS DEMANDING TO SPEAK WITH YOU!" My dad and the scrawny man that was next to him looked at eachother and he yelled at the men in the room.

"KEEP AN EYE ON HER AND IF ANYTHING HAPPENS WHILE I'M GONE, YOU'RE ALL GONNA PAY!" My dad, The scrawny man and the sweaty man both quickly ran out of the door and one of the men inside the room went to guard the door.

'Daejung is here already?' I thought to myself. 'He does not waste time.' I chucked. 'Maybe it's about time I try to find a way out.'

There was five men in the room, two behind me, two in front of me and one at the door guarding. It's going to be nearly impossible to do something behind their back.

I stood there giving up and waiting for the next thing to happen when a loud bang hit the wall from the side of me. The mens attention quickly went to the sound and another bang emitted from the wall causing the wall to crack. Very soon the wall exploded and wind, dust and parts of the wall quickly and rapidly flew through the room causing to me to have to cough out the fog and debris. I immediately started to hear people fighting and punching each other until the fog cleared. I looked around and saw the hole in the wall that the intruders made.

I felt a hand behind me and a familiar voice spoke.

"Don't worry, It's me. Just give me a sec so I can untie you."

" Is that you Yeonjin?!"

"The one and only." He laughed.

"Quite an entrance you made." I laughed along with him with a bit of relief in my voice.

"What can I say, I love to feel like I'm in a movie."

"Yup, I can see it. You definitely give me main character vibes." I said sarcastically.

He laughed as he helped me up and I dusted the debris off me. "Let's get going!" he said a ran towards the hole in the wall.

"Wait! what about Mrs. Wang? Did ya'll manage to get her?"

"We sent some of our other men to take care of it for us. She should be in the truck as we speak if nothing went wrong but I'll go check but I have to get you to safety first."

I nodded understandingly and followed him out.

Daejung P.O.V

Here I stand in front of the gates of my well known and hated enemy. I've told Yeonjin and Minjoon to fetch our hostages while I kept them busy. I know they're not planning on negotiating to any terms so the only thing I can do for now is distract them while I can.

The man I have been awaiting finally steps forward to my presents along with a good amount of men behind him coequal to the group I have on my end. But this time there was some one else I didn't expect standing with him.

It was Baoshi. The man with the most profitable marketing agency in china. Also known as my target's accountant.

Why would he be with him? Was this all a trap?! A lie?

"So I see you decided the opposite. Not a very smart choice If you ask me." Chin-Hwa said to me.

"What is this? Why is he here?!"

"Shocking right? You've proven to me to be a countless downer over and over again. I had no choice."

"So you were planning this from the beginning?"

"From the beginning. No. But now that you seem to be getting a bit bolder and reckless lately. I had too."

"So then.... If you have him why go after me? Why blackmail me into doing all the dirty work for you if you had someone to replace me anyway?"

He smirked and that pressed a button in my nerve. "Simple. Cause I can."

I looked at him furiously. I felt mad and hurt. No matter how many times my father may have warned me. I keep forgetting that this is my reality and no matter what, I will never be able to leave it. I knew that but I got ahead of myself and look where I am now. Helpless once again with no other choice but to accept it.

"Fine. I'll admit, you've won. Once again." i said with my hatred for clear from my voice.

"I'm glad you didn't make this hard for me."

Chin-Hwa walked towards me with a clear aura of some type of control over me.

"Then it wouldn't be hard for you to do one last thing for me. After this I absolutely promise to never lay hand on your possessions ever again."
.
.
.
.