𝐻𝑜𝑝𝑒 ꕥ

Maybe it was just a mistake.. maybe it was already open. Your mind was messing with itself. You left it open didn't you? It was the same questions again, and again, and again. It was a loop, spinning in your head. You hoped, you prayed, that you were right. You stood there, looking at the letter. You were right in front of the table. So far, you knew that only two people lived here. You could ask them, but wont they get curious? You could say it was just a thing you wrote, and hurry off. Okay, that wasn't such a bad plan. If it didn't work, then you didn't know what you would do. There was no plan B.

You grabbed the letter and turned around. Then you bumped into something soft. After looking up, it was sarvente. Chuckling nervously, you glanced away for a second before talking. you paused, her expression seemed.. off.

"hey! sarv.. so uh.. did you, by any chance, open a letter..?"

You held the letter by your side. your grip became firm, the paper slightly heating up from the friction of your fingers. you didn't really notice, but you knew you were doing it.

"...no.. i was just speaking with ruv.."

Sarvente didn't smile, that's a first. something was definitely wrong. i mean, i saw her as the cheerful kind no matter what the hell we were doing. for example, a simple conversation. maybe i shouldn't ask her about it. just to be sure she won't be uncomfortable, and then i'll mess something so simple like asking a fucking question. what an embarrassment. okay, don't ask anything weird..

"..where is he?.."

you took a moment to think, then spoke. sarv took a step back, and turned around. she went to the table and took something. i didn't really know what it was, but i was focusing on my question and her answer.

"in the church seats i'm pretty sure.."

Her voice became sort of..lighter..than before. i felt slightly relieved she wasn't really mad. i'm only assuming something bad is happening because of her.. tenseness.

"thanks.. uh.. see you.."

i was cautious. because i don't want to accidentally say something shitty and mess up her— i mean sarventes' opinion of me. Like i've been doing for most of my life, i began walking away quickly. as i went into the cool church, i began looking around the vast amount of seats for the one and only—ruv.

reading this letter isn't really important, but it is important if they know it's by me. or has anything to do with me at all. it's personal, and i really dislike it when a random person knows something personal about me. well.. they aren't random, but they don't know a lot about me.

as i finally found where ruv was laying, yea, laying. i found him with his hat about his head. i didn't want to startle him so i poked him as slow as i could. thankfully, he didn't flinch. i retracted my finger and entire arm as he sat up and put on his hat. he stared at me and tilted his head.

let's just get this over with.

"ruv, did you uh.. read a letter today?"

he shook his head immediately. okay. someone is lying. i sighed, getting a headache because of all this hustle. i feel like a policewoman. asking questions and yada yada.. jeez.

he then fell back down on the church seat and i thanked him. atleast he was cooperative. i then went to lean on a pillar. it was the closest one to the front door, and it was pretty far away from everything else. i mean those two. i closed my eyes and thought.

why read this letter and lie about it? they were both taller than me and they probably weren't scared of me. now that i think about it.. i don't think ruv would be interested at all. i mean, i don't think he even cares about any of my things.

i began walking quickly back to the kitchen.

sorry guys i totally didn't take a break for 2 years lol