Skittish kitten

Putting the last bit of muffin in his mouth, Bucky licks the cream off his fingers, his eyes fixed on the artwork he just finished. He moves his head from side to side, trying to see if the painting looks alright from different angles.

A few moments later, he looks around his front porch, on the street right in front of his house. Someone is supposed to move into the house next to his, and he cannot deny that he is pretty curious to see who that person would be.

His previous neighbor was a sweet, kind lady in her late fifties. She would make delicious dinners every once in a while and invite him over. She had to move to another place due to her job, and that made Bucky pretty sad, if he was being honest.

He doesn't know if this new resident would be nice and accepting like Mrs. Peralta, and that makes him kind of anxious. The last thing he needs now is getting judgmental looks from a neighbor, after two years of trying to get himself together.

Bucky tries to get rid of the worry babbling in his mind. He pulls out his phone and goes through his YouTube channel to check how many views the latest video he posted is getting. But as soon as he hears something like a truck honking from a distance, his nerves get the best of him. He finds himself gathering his art supplies and then running inside his house. His mind has already decided, he is not ready to meet totally new people right now. He can just sit by one of the windows in his house and spy on them.

And he does just that. Grabbing a few packets of chips, bars of chocolate and a large bowl filled with ice cream, he sits by a window and hides himself behind a curtain. From there he notices a truck stopping just in front of the house next to his. A dark skinned man jumps out of the truck, followed by a woman. Bucky can't exactly see their faces properly, but he can hear their loud banters and cheery laughs, as they start moving their belongings through the front door.

Within the next one and half hours, Bucky has already finished his chips and ice cream, and his neighbors also seem to be done with moving things inside. That was surprisingly fast. He finds himself in a mood of eating some cupcakes, so he gets up and goes to his kitchen. From his fridge he brings out an unopened box of cupcakes that was delivered to him just yesterday, from his favorite bakery slash restaurant, Sam's Kitchen.

Bucky wishes one day he will be able to gather the courage to go to that restaurant instead of always ordering for home delivery.

Letting out a sigh, Bucky finishes the cupcake in his hand, gulps down some water and goes to take a nice, long shower, hoping it will help him calm down.

_____

Soo this is my first ever full on SamBucky fanfiction. I'm not gonna go for plot twists or climaxes, I'll just try to explore emotions, feelings, mental health situations, acceptance, consent, comfort...etc.

I hope y'all will enjoy this. Chapters will be long sometimes, and sometimes short.

Take care!