Chapter 3 - Crash and Burn

"We're here." Alexis says, the brake of the car caught their attention. "Thank you for driving." Nancy thanks the driver. She grabs her stuff and checks herself out in the mirror. Nancy was doing the same thing, reapplying her lipstick that had faded a little and retouching her makeup. Amber was busy opening her bag and strapping in her tracker on her belt hooks, putting the bags she was supposed to use for training below the seats, finally then she uses her phone camera to fix her flyaway hairs and immediately check in on her makeup.

"Is everyone done? Let's go party then." Nancy declares with a smile as she was the first to get out of the car, the duo follow in pursuit along with the girl. All of them walked by each other to the school halls and when they entered, the bright neon lights and dimly lit school auditorium made the atmosphere of the party come alive. "Now this is a party." Alexis smirks lightly, her head looking around the place in awe of the student body and students to make this year's dance be more lively than their last.

Amber doesn't say much but she looks at the place with such bored expressions. "I'm gonna go get some drinks by the booth. Do you want anything there?" Amber came up with an excuse to move away from the crowded area they were standing in. "Later, we gotta meet up with someone first. See you later~" Nancy gave a reply, Alexis who was standing next to Nancy agreed to her, nodding her head a little eagerly before smiling and walking away with her, not before giving Amber a wave.

"Alright, see ya." She nods before waving, the latter waves back in return and the trio of friends go their separate paths. Amber, who tried really hard to go around the crowd, finding a way so she doesn't have to bump into a lot of people who were enjoying themselves, she managed to find a path that wasn't too crowded or less than enough for students who were either standing around or maybe with a partner, flirting for the most part, she passes by them alongside passing by a group of guys who seemed to be threatening or something but the loud speakers muddled her hearing over the conversation and she turned a blind eye too as she continued walking. A few more walking moments later, she arrives at the booth.

Scanning around the booth, she takes a good look at the variety of choices on the table. Some cupcakes are placed in plates, gummy worms in a bowl, a variety of snacks in bowls and plates, somehow there's also cheese sticks sticking around in a little cup holder. The drinks were in big bowls, jugs and more. She takes a look over the drinks section and chooses to mix fruit punch and strawberry flavored drink into her cup. Once she takes a small sip, her expression cringes in a few seconds before tasting a little more and frowning before nodding slightly, liking the aftertaste of the mixed drinks she slightly experimented on tonight.

As she sips her drink bit by bit, her mind wanders a little, her eyes were blankly staring and looking around the room, feeling a little awkward to stand around the booth so she walks to where the gummy worms were located and takes a few handful of them before setting off to find her friends.

_____

"Oh c'mon, that man is way too fine! Love him right will ya?" Alexis was nudging on a blonde girl, she was smiling sheepishly, shy over the compliment given by the girl. "Exactly! She's not wrong. He's totally head over heels for you." Nancy chimes, joins in on the teasing. The three were having a good time, mingling around and the aura of the conversation being filled with happiness. Just as the conversation was getting very intimate, Alexis noticed Amber who looked like a deer in headlights, looking quite lost amongst the sea of students. "Ams!" Alexis waves her arms like crazy, getting her attention. Amber luckily was whipping her head around to look for her friends when she noticed an arm waving and flailing about, she craned her head and saw Alexis by a few centimetres away from her. She smiles giddily, waving back at her before taking her fast steps towards where she was, unaware there was someone else talking to her own friend circle.