A Rainy Beach

Towards the beginning of May, I went to school with a jacket on. The weather was cold and the wind made me shiver. In spring, the weather is moody, but it's better than winter at least.

As I was waving hello at my friends as I do everyday, an idea popped in my head. "MIA! I want to go to the beach with you today in secret. Are you in?" "Emma are you crazy? You're freezing! And how are we supposed to get to the the beach in secret if it's an hour away?" she objected. "Just trust me," I said, "this is the perfect weather. Canada's worse. I also know how to drive because my mom taught me so at a young age in case of emergencies". She hesitantly nodded and we agreed to meet each other in the secret garden to go from there.

At night, I lied to my parents about being asleep, and snuck out the house, bringing my mom's car keys with me. I entered the garage and drove the car out of it, to the Flos Hortus where Mia was waiting for me, sitting on a bench like an angel. She hopped in the car doubtfully. "Are you sure you want to do this, Emma? It's dangerous, and if our parents discover we'll be in big trouble." "Danger is my middle name," I joked. She rolled her eyes teasingly. "No wonder I fell in love with you," she told me with a smirk planted on her face as she put her index under my chin. I chuckled, and turned the car on again, getting ready for our adventure.

On the way to the beach, we passed on a beautifully lit bridge that had a splendid view. Outside was calm, and the only sound you could here was the noise of chirping crickets. I turned the radio on in the car as we vibed to the music and laughed and sang like crazy rock stars. "You know, I've always dreamt on going on late night drives with you with the wind running through our hair like that," my girlfriend admitted. "Anything is possible when I'm with you," I flirted.

Once we arrived, I grabbed her hand as we started running on the cold sand with the waves catching our bare feet. It felt phenomenal. It felt like white wings were hung on our backs as we flew through the sky of bliss.

Soon, the thunder growled in the sky and it started raining. We started screaming happily and turning around in circles under the rain. I held Mia's hand as we waltzed under the light rain, our clothes full of water. The clouds above us drifted apart and we could see the full moon watching over us as we danced delightfully together, knowing we will be sick the next day but it didn't matter. All that mattered is her. Is us.
I looked at her glinted eyes that reflected the light of the moon, and I felt my heart skip a beat. Hypnotized by the beauty of this special moment, I leaned in for a kiss. We giggled as we put our lips against each other without letting go. I could barely conceal my joy and jubilee flooded my soul. I froze this time with her and put it in a diamond frame in my heart.

Eventually, we knew we had to seek shelter under the car's roof again and rushed to it before catching a cold. I drove back to the starting point after the rain decreased strictly, and reassured myself that she returned home safely before going to mine.
The door squeaked a bit as I opened it and tiptoed to my room.

The next morning, my mom was gravely concerned about the pool of water in my bed, but I bluffed that I forgot to close the window before sleeping and then was too lazy to get up and change my clothes. She believed me, still suspicious of the truth. Phew, I whispered, glad I got away with it. I cant wait for our next crazy experience, my love.