Chapter 10 - Unplanned Satisfaction

Sebastian had left the door to his master's bedroom open when leaving this time. This wasn't something he'd ever do normally, but as the circumstances were far from that he needed a way to be aware of the boy's movements at all times.

At this point in time, Sebastian knew that he could neither get close to or offer any kind of nourishment to his master as whatever sincere efforts he made would be looked at with a suspicious eye. With that said, he peeked into the room where the boy sat in his bed only poking at the foods on the trey. A demon with the level of skill Sebastian possessed had no issues hiding in the shadows and even if it was daytime the naked eye would not be able to detect the butler lingering outside, staring at that pale boy.

Sebastian's stalking ways were interrupted by a gardener's steps coming his direction. The boy's golden locks bounded with every cheerful step he took on his way to his precious master's room. Finny was carrying a massive bouquet of white roses mixed with the contrast of other flowers and greenery, Sebastian grabbed him by the collar a second before he would have been visible to the young master.

"Finny. Where were you heading with that gorgeous bouquet?"

Confusion was the gardener's first response as he turned his head to look at the halls surrounding him. Sebastian had pulled him into another hallway far enough from the master's open door so they wouldn't be overheard. Finny started quietly rambling about being in front of the young master's room only a second ago before he looked up to meet the gaze of a smiling butler.

"Huh? Sebastian what..?" The confusion in his features soon slipped away, the gardener instead looked up at Sebastian with confidence and determination.

"I was going to give the young master some roses since his favourites are the white ones, I thought maybe he would feel better so have some in his room while resting" The spark in his large turquoise eyes were almost blinding to the demon but he did see a way for this enthusiastic gardener to be of some help.

Ciel Phantomhive was sick, not just under the influence of the gas but he did actually have a cold. Sebastian noticed this during their talk since the boy had been both pale as a ghost and compealty flushed from the fever. In order to be of some assistance to the boy Sebastian needed to do what he could from a distance and as of now he required the master to take medicine. Medecine he would without a doubt reject it if the butler tried to force it upon him, even just letting the boy take it by himself was a no go as he looked at everything and everyone as if they were enemies.

With a devilish smile the butler offered to bake some sweets for the blond to take with him when visiting. As expected Finny's eyes grew with excitement that the butler would be so kind. Sebastian on the other hand watched the thrilled blond, knowing that he would be a pawn for Sebastian's own use.

Finny entered the room, happily offering the flowers and cookies he carried to the earl in his bed. The butler chose to withstand being in the boy's presence yet, he did however keep an eye on if his sweets were to the master's liking as he had added a little something extra.

While baking, even with Finny's curious eyes on him, he managed to slip some medicine into the dough. Medicine with the effect of drowsiness which should begin to take action shortly.

The young master will be far too sleepy for making any sort of decision, even less so be frightened of me he thought, quite pleased with his plan.

When the time to visit his young master came, he knocked on the door in a most gracious manner as he expected a boy in deep slumber. Instead the door was opened by that very boy, both his mismatching orbs staring at him in a surprisingly awake manner.

"Sebastian! Perfect timing! I'm craving something sweet which you can bring to me, I am unsure of where I'll be at the time but I trust you have your own means of finding me anyway's" Strangely energetic, the boy passed him into the hallway.

Sebastian had barely any time to give a reaction before he, like a dog following his master, walked closely behind the boy. Wondering where the sudden urge of not resting but actually going on moving about had come from, he pondered whether or not he should ask. The medicine seemed to have given an opposite effect of what was intended and now his master was even walking around the mansion instead of being on bedrest.

"May I ask where this sudden impulse is coming from? If I recall correctly, you are supposed to be on bedrest and not walk around out of necessity. Isn't my master feeling terribly tired? Rather than this he should be going back to bed"

"Lying in bed was becoming dreadfully boring and after a snack provided by Finny I felt much better. Now if you would tend to that dessert we talked about earlier, I will be roaming the area for a while instead of continuing being cooped up in that room"

It was made vexingly clear to Sebastian that this matter was not up for debate and despite the annoyance he felt from his plan not going accordingly, he felt a rush through his system from being told an order that had his master's usual tone in it.

At the very least, it would seem as if the medicine made the earl more confident. Initially the boy doubted even Sebastian's cooking but now was practically forcing him to come with something sweet, and Sebastian was immensely pleased with the progress.

A satisfied smile and content feeling led him towards the kitchen with thoughts of what palatable reward to offer his master for being such a delectable soul that made Sebastian's obsession with him only grow with each passing day.