haha gay pirates go brr

I have found no actual smut of these two

There have been mentions that they fucked, but no description of it

If you know me irl and see this one, NO THE FUCK YOU DID NOT

Robyn, Eloise, and anyone else I know that might read this, just skip this chapter

Please

Just... pretend you didn't see it

That or, never mention it to me if you read it

It had been a few weeks since Stede and Ed had returned. A few weeks since Blackbeard left.

Things had returned to at least a similar situation.

Co-captaining, marmalade scones.

Lucius would take slightly longer to fully trust/feel comfortable around Ed. Because yeah, he survived by hiding in the secret passages, but being pushed overboard still took a toll on him

But apart from that, things were going well

Things were good

But the tension between the co captains was so thicc you could probably couldn't cut it with a knife. Either that or the knife would break or get stuck  it was so thick.

Point is, they needed to talk things through (as a crew)

And unfortunately, lucius ended up as their wingman.

"Captain, you need to tell him. Its obvious to everyone on the crew, apart from you two, apparently"

"I know Lucius, it's just... what do I say? What do I tell him? That in my every waking moment, I can't stop thinking about sitting on that beach, kissing him? That I think he's gorgeous, and want to spend the rest of my life with him? That I love every inch of him, and think that he can be really sweet, and his face is beautiful, and I want to stroke his hair, and kiss him, and I want him to kiss me, and I want to hold his hand while we gaze at the stars, and I want to kiss him, and- argh!"

"I-... apologies captain, but I think you just reached an entire other level of stupid. THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT YOU SHOULD TELL HIM!"

"Right. You're right! I should just... man up, and tell him! It shouldn't be that hard!"

He did not tell him. He did not man up. He completely avoided the subject for the next two days.

Lucius decided that even though he would rather not, it would be for the greater good.

"Hey!... Ed!... hey buddy, could we talk?"

"Oh! Uh?... yeah, sure"

Ed made sure to keep a distance between to two to make Lucius feel safer.

"So. It's becoming unbearable. You and the captain, are head over heels in love with each other, and you are both so frustratingly oblivious. So, seeing as Captain is too scared to, you better go talk to him about it. Or else I will just end up locking you in his bathroom together until you fuck"

Honestly, the second option would have been easier, but it's more of a last resort.

That night, when Stede and Ed were doing their usual hanging out, whiskey, in Stede's office, Ed decided to bring up what Lucius had said.

"So, Lucius said that he had been trying to get you to tell me something but you had been avoiding it? What was it?"

"Oh uh... it was just... um..."

Cone on, excuse excuse excuse excuse!

"He just wanted me to ask you about... more sword practice! Yeah that's what it was, but my arms get really tired do I was avoiding it!"